Ben_upde

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

I see Blue and that what Spec pressure plates look like .  BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. It’s their signature color, except the ‘knockoffs’ which is what I think I have here. Or they just happened to like blue too 🤷🏼‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I think you're going to regret installing that solid pucked clutch disc. In my experience, either a solid center OR pucks, but both is tough.

I imagine so. It was a misclick as I was looking at their stage 3 and stage 4 setups. I had decided on the 3 which is a sprung center 6 puck but ordered the wrong one. The stage 3 apparently is not available-zero stock so I will run with it and decide what to do later. This guy is really easy to pull anyway so not a big deal either way I suppose. 

• Like 1

Swap complete sans the driveline that didn’t get finished 😞

0kGKSHx.jpg

I also have to come up with a way to move this

yFH9Gox.jpg

I’m probably going to use the bracket and rod end in the previous photo to do a relocation like this, except moving the shifter 10” rearward

KTNoCAR.jpg

• Like 2

Driveline is finally done!

kFp9LWZ.jpg
xNaP655.jpg

got to drive it for the first time, again. Well worth the troubles and the cost. Was able to hit 70 in 4th without even realizing it, or fearing the driveline was going to explode from vibrations because it didn’t like being moved to the left side by a massive amount. 
Started working more on the shifter relocation setup as well. Should work well, hopefully, and with minimal mods allow me to use my console again. Here’s to hoping anyway!

KqdAHDd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

had to clear everything out of the shop because the owner decided to sell the company to a larger conglomerate 🤦🏻‍♂️
anyway, packed everything I wanted to keep/give away into the truck and trailer. There’s gotta be 5 engines of various sizes in the trailer 😂

pulled like a champ though. Plenty of power to move it along although because the tires are probably 30 years old I kept it under 35. 
we’ll see what the future holds. For now it’s just a holding pattern...
VjsnHGl.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

New carpet. The ‘kit’ didn’t fit well at all but luckily I was able to make my center console fit with minimal modifications to cover up the hack job required to trim everything down. As much as I hate to speak bad on a fellow Datsun guy, I would recommend avoiding buying a carpet kit from Left Coast Datsun. He’s a nice guy and offered a refund if I shipped it back to him, but losing $75 to ship it back, plus no longer having any sort of carpet at all was not in the cards so I made it ‘work’. 
It looks much better in photos than real life 😞

2pTdkSd.jpg
ELnP3NC.jpg

UuThLoV.jpg
you can see the disgusting overlap where the rear was 3” wider than it should have been. This is after cutting over an inch off the front of it 🤦🏻‍♂️
kueezMN.jpg

nice corner huh? Other side is exactly the same. 

• 1 month later...

Haven’t done much working on her, but been driving it and enjoying every moment of her so that’s about the best case I guess. 
picked up a drone today so played around and did a little, VERY beginner video shoot of her in the driveway. 
Hope it doesn’t hurt your eyeholes too badly!

• Like 2
On 4/8/2021 at 8:06 PM, Ben_upde said:

As much as I hate to speak bad on a fellow Datsun guy, I would recommend avoiding buying a carpet kit from Left Coast Datsun. He’s a nice guy and offered a refund if I shipped it back to him, but losing $75 to ship it back, plus no longer having any sort of carpet at all was not in the cards so I made it ‘work’. 
It looks much better in photos than real life 😞

+1

You are lucky it was just a carpet! Chuck and Left Coast Datsun completely fucked up my coil over conversion. It took over 9 months, check out some of the 3rd grader level weld pics in my thread. What was semi welded cracked in less than 50 miles of driving home and it was lucky everything did not just fall out on the 405 freeway home. I had to pay twice to get everything sorted.

• Sad 1
  • 11 months later...

do you know jason or rory or fernando or any of the other local datsun guys? I live in meridian (moving to payette soon) so I'm here local to you... 

audi swap is awesome your skills to make things work that are not supposed to is amazing.. Love this truck... 

• 3 weeks later...