Ben_upde

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Christ that looks better with the older style grill doesn't it? Even has the trim rings around the headlights.

There is no substitute for the old style grille. The ‘updated’ one just doesnt look right. 

Not a bad score for $50 ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

That's going to look good.

Thanks! I really wanted to go for the JDM/street fighter look with this one. 

26 minutes ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Where are the flares from? 

They are hand made by a gentleman in Thailand by the name of Pairoj Teeretro Kan. Outstanding quality and fit. Highly recommend them!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Stoked I stumbled across this thread. I’m picking up a 620 this week specifically because I have a built 1.8t (now a 2.0 stroker) that needs a home, and I want something I can haul my bikes around with. 

Planning on running an acme adapter plate on a Toyota t5 w/ a custom driveshaft, and running it through 034efi Ic standalone. Hoping the 620 bay will have enough room to fit my current turbo setup & my IE intake manifold

Shoot me a PM, I’d love to go over some details - I’ve also got a ton of extra 1.8t stuff I’m selling cheap right now, including a near-complete big turbo kit

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Word of advice, spray the entire engine bay down with Purple Power and pressure wash it before you get too far along. Clean work makes a cleaner end product.

She’s already been steam cleaned for about an hour. Everything that could come off has. It’ll be getting a test fit and mounts made the. Back out she comes for prepping and paint. I’ll fill all the unneccessary holes and removing extra brackets and things then. 

??

And motor mounts are pretty much done. I was able to reuse the stock Datsun rubbers by enlarging the hole in the Audi motor mount to fit the stud. I was then able to simply weld a piece of ¼” flat steel to the top of the frame, mark, drill and tap mount holes and that’s pretty much it. I’ll get new mounts for final assembly and use cable limiting straps to ensure they don’t get pulled apart. 

Didn’t even have to do much beating to the tunnel. 

ge05i5l.jpg

They are clocked 90° from standard orientation for best fit

aHqiNrP.jpg

qNvyJsj.jpg

Trans crossmember fits in place fine and plenty of space to make a mount right about the stock audi trans mount location. 

• Like 1