stock radiator rust check

YoJimbo

The Muriatic I used the last time was the low odor from home depot. Just  pour it in from the jug let it set a half hour, rinse and looked as good as new. Now I did do a heat exchanger from my sailboat with home depot commercial brand descaler (depco?)and had the same effect, the clr brand seems useless. The funny part is my wife did oyster restoratoration projects for a living, you are fighting them! Good luck with the radiator, if you get I clean it is amazing the temps drop.

• Like 2
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info bottomwatcher. Will certainly take it into consideration when I can finally snag enough spare time to get the coolant flush party going.

Cool to hear about others doing oyster restoration work. We have to fight them when they grow all over the commercial operation tanks, in the research tanks we let them grow til they are big enough to pluck off the walls hehehehehhe, healthy oysters are tough as nails even at a few mm in size!

• Like 1