New 510 owner

Hi everyone, I've recently just bought a 1971 datsun 510 4 door from my boss. I've been doing a bit of work on the carb and noticed a few things. First I believe it's missing a bracket for a spring hole. Secondly I believe the choke "notch" is out of place

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up a stock Hitachi carb in a parts load that I would sell.  It was either new OR rebuilt cuz most of the yellow zinc plated parts are in excellent condition........nuts bolts screws brackets accelerator fork etc etc.  However, it sat outside for an unknown period of time, and the throttle plates are oxidized & sticky..........they do move but the carb ultimately needs a full cleaning & rebuild, but again, most of the "parts" are still in yellow zinc!  Parts sitting outside here in Colorado are often still pretty clean, unlike the midwest or upper northwest etc.

If you are interested, PM me (or post here) your EMAIL or TEXT, and I can send some pics.........I do not post pics here cuz hosting & posting pics is a pain!!

TJ

Denver

• 2 weeks later...

carb link part 1   I believe the riveted part with the two "notches" are suppose to hold the throttle lever with the singular "notch". I did not take this part of the carb apart when i cleaned it.

carb link part 2   I noticed when I put everything back together that this spring should have a place to hook into to hold tension.

carb link part 3   This is the Hitachi DAF 328-6 series carbuerator.

Thanks in Advance for the help and greetings.