New 720 Owner

Fishinpreacher

I just purchased a 1984 Nissan 720 pickup with 88300 miles! Garage kept it’s whole life. Interior and exterior look factory new. Engine compartment looks brand new. Has old school camper top. Truck bed has never hauled anything and has rubber mat protection over bed floor.

i want to add power steering and maybe AC. Any suggestions?

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find a cheap truck that has AC and power steering and swap the parts.  I suggest buying the whole truck as there is a lot to swapping the AC in.  I just traded 2 AC setups to Captain 720 only because he came to AZ on business and picked up a Z24 with a complete 5 speeed swap for one of his trucks.

The AC wiring is part of the main harness so you will need it also.

When I have more time and if you need more info on the AC swap I can provide more information.

• Like 1

The switch is above the pedal and adjustable or replicable. Some have a small pad on the brake pedal that falls off and then when the pedal is raised it doesn't reach and open the switch to turn the lights off.

People have been known to put a couple of coins together and tape/glue them to the spot, some paper on the spot, and a ton of other things.  

Proper part number 46512-h0101, can be found all over eBay for around $13, or if a dealer is nearby, I'm sure the price is similar.

Here is a link on eBay for one of them, just the first one I found, there are others cheaper if you look.  It has the pic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Rubber-stopper-46512-H0101/182575627848?epid=1722707910&hash=item2a825afe48%3Ag%3AfjgAAOSwmSdaVOys&_sacat=0&_nkw=182575627848

46512-H0101.jpg

The 720 brake light switch is adjustable, but the 'plunger' portion of the switch, will go right thru the hole in the brake pedal, where the button goes.  So, you'll need a stopper of some kind.  Tons of options, all of which are cheaper than getting a fixit ticket for no brake lights.

Here in CA, there is a court administrative fee for clearing a fixit ticket.  Law Enforcement, will also has a nominal charge for signing off the ticket.  In Orange County, court charged $25.  I had a buddy sign-off the ticket, but otherwise that would have been another ten bucks at the PD counter.