Leaking 510 Steering box ?

I am looking for a Pitman shaft seal for a 510 steering box, here is the factory part # 48137-16500. I really don't want to remove it to see if a seal manufacturer can match it as it will probably not come out in-tacked. 

I am told it is NLA, and Rockauto does not have them anymore, anyone have any idea's ?

Thanks,

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Abe.

I just can't see this being NLA. I've found that the B-210 and the 610 also use this number BUT from '74 on the 610 uses #48137-36700.

48137-36700 is also used in the Roadster, 520/521, 620, 710, 810, S10 (200sx) S110 (200sx) and the A10.  I'll bet this is the same seal. They're under $5

I'm pretty sure the 510 box uses a bushing rather than a row of needle bearings to support the sector shaft. I lifted a sector shaft out of another Datsun box and was showered with a double row of them. Other boxes have a seal then a washer under it and then a C clip to retain everything you'll have to look on the 510 box. At any rate once the seal is removable I used two long wood screws and screwed them up between the case and the sector shaft into the seal and then pulled it out with pliers. I greased the new one and used a pipe to get it started then put the washer in and tapped it home till I could fit the C clip. Again my info does not show the 510 having either a washer or C clip.

5 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

I found this page with interchange info, check it out

https://www.yoyopart.com/oem/11584212/datsun-4813716500.html

Jesse,

I ordered a couple online once I had some part numbers and dimensions to use. That page worked great, Thanks !

But it started me thinking that I should maybe get the seal for the steering shaft also. Now all I need in the part number for that to use on that interchange page.

15 minutes ago, Abe Froman said:

Jesse,

I ordered a couple online once I had some part numbers and dimensions to use. That page worked great, Thanks !

But it started me thinking that I should maybe get the seal for the steering shaft also. Now all I need in the part number for that to use on that interchange page.

Glad you found it useful ?

If you find that other part number, post it here so I can get one too!