Need advice Lowering my 720 (PICS!!)

boostedb18

So i got this Awesome 720. Im in the process of lowering it (Pics at the bottom). I used bell tech drop spindles up front and 3" blocks on the back. Looks good, but I want to be able to raise the back. I bought an Air lift kit with 2 bags and a controller. Im assuming theyre just helper springs. My question is can i install them with the stock leafs and 3' blocks? If so will i be able to raise the back enough to carry anything safely in the box. is there a better way to go? would love some advice :) 

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When lowering it's advisable to increase the rear spring rate anyway. The suspension is going to travel the same distance lowered as raised at the stock height. Seems sensible to reduce suspension travel on a lowered vehicle.

Air bags? Where are they mounted? Do you have to weld in some sort of platform for them??

3 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

When lowering it's advisable to increase the rear spring rate anyway. The suspension is going to travel the same distance lowered as raised at the stock height. Seems sensible to reduce suspension travel on a lowered vehicle.

Air bags? Where are they mounted? Do you have to weld in some sort of platform for them??

Heres a link to the product. They have a bracket that mounts them above the axel. Theres a video on the site as well .

https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/59506/

8 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

What's the most you plan to carry 4-500 pound? What about air shocks? Just inflate to level any added load. http://gabriel.com/light-vehicle/products/hijackers/

only for 4wd and these will do the same but should be better. Im just hoping its still possible to raise it with air and blocs. looks like most have a 4 link rear or a monoleaf with their airbags

• 4 months later...

500 is completely pushing it.  I put my 2011 CRF450 in the back of my 720 and it rubbed my tire.  I have it lowered on 3' blocks.  Air shocks are the way to go if you are planning on putting more than a dog in the back.  I do plan on getting some air shocks, I have found them for a little over $100 on eBay.  I, personally think that air bags on 720's are uglier than...never mind.  Air bags a great for trucks for towing.