Need Help and Adviment Datsun 140Y B310 spotted fell in love but..

ChimpMonk

Alright boys and girls.

I spotted a car a datsun car a 140y with the round headlights and i was like wow the shape and stuff the car isn't it in best shape but it cost around 800USD
But the problem is I fell in love with it, got super hyped over it and don't think straight. I haven't yet seen the car, only few pictures that the seller put online Iam away from my country thats why, and its good will help me to gather info. Sooo maybe I'll quit the nonsense and I'll throw out my questions

1.The car can be old and rusty, what kind of rust and where tells me that I should throw my idea in the bin? I mean whats disclose the car to even but money on it
2.I read the 1200 site, is it really posible to get a S14 rear suspension in ? I would love to due the the ease of parts and mods
3. What about the front suspension any thing nicely fits in ?
4.  What you think about this vision (Air dam style splitter/Grey KN6 piant/fender flares/ducttail/LED 7inch headlights/2degree camber )
5, What to look out for, where can i get parts? What do I need to know more
6. I'll be swaping the eningie to a SR20de if i'll be lucky a VE ? is there much work to be made as the engine mounts
7. Body part repair/ rust remove, have you got any thricks and tips on how a amature can work it out in a home garage
8. Give me all youre knowlegde about this damn sexy car
Some may tell too much work, but to be honest, I never done any welding but I'am really keen on learning it ? also I can use such thing as CAD (Freecad) and do any brackes braces and other custom stuff needed to forfill the quest

I'am sorry ? if this is a junk thread, TBH I'am more like a honda guy. But this car just blew my mind like anything else can't think wise. I have time before 2 September to gather as much info and make a decision. I'll be happy for any positive feedback.
http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Szympans/library/?sort=3&page=1

These are the only picks I have off the car for now

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

an sr20de  swap seems like a never ending project for an amateur, one i would never attempt. plus anything with irs like the s14 will be far from bolt in. an h190 from an s110 would be much easier. honestly, despite that cars motor looking like it was kept under water, i bet it has tons of life in it. if its a good price buy it and drive it the way it is. 

On 7/20/2018 at 4:20 PM, ChimpMonk said:

But the problem is I fell in love with it, got super hyped over it and don't think straight. I haven't yet seen the car, only few pictures that the seller put online Iam away from my country thats why, and its good will help me to gather info. ???

If the car runs, get it reliable and enjoy it. As you say you are not thinking straight. Spend some time learning about it rather than jumping in blindly and ending up over your head with a cut up unfinished car. A reasonably good SR swap is $4-$6 K if you want the car to stay together and be safe and do all the work yourself. If you had done a similar swap you wouldn't ask.

If it's possible, get the car and work towards this goal. Nothing about this swap is going to 'bolt in'. Almost everything will be 'one off' custom made parts. You might find engine  and trans mounts ready made but... $$$. Start saving up.