New member with Datsun 620 from WA State

Mannys620

Good morning.  Picked up a Datsun 620 about a month ago and hope to build a fun lil run around pickup.  My family owned one in 1982 but sold if after getting orders to move to W. Germany--I have wanted one again ever since for a budget build and a platform to be creative.

Other projects I have worked on since getting out of the Army in 1989: lowered Chevy Luv, C10 with an LS1 swap, multiple RX7s (LS, stroker V8s and Rotaries), '67 Nova, Model A, Rivieras, a '70 VW bug on a 4 linked S10 frame with a front-engined 8.1 liter Vortec (never completed), Rivieras, a Datsun 510 with a 13b with blow through turbo, and a current '86 Regal on hydraulics in the process of a 5.3 liter swap.  Not much of this means anything other than it's not my first BBQ and that sometimes my creativity out paces my talent and skills--I call it Sketchy Engineering.  I may have questions at some point on the 620 but promise to use the search function first.

Since buying the 620 I have lowered it on 3" blocks and torsion adjustments, started on a rear safari window, reinforced the hood,  drove it around and then decided to sell the L18 and 5 speed out of it to another member.  I have ordered a 5-link set up for the rear and hope to install that sometime in the early fall.  Not sure about the front yet or what swap I will throw in the engine bay. 

Thanks and have a great day.

Hood reinforcement

• Like 4
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Manny! good to see you made an account, this is Ian who bought your L18 last weekend. 

I'm excited to see what you end up doing with your 620... From our chat it sound like you have some cool plans.

Edited by mccuistion
  • Like 1
  • 5 years later...
On 7/19/2018 at 10:59 PM, Mannys620 said:

Good morning.  Picked up a Datsun 620 about a month ago and hope to build a fun lil run around pickup.  My family owned one in 1982 but sold if after getting orders to move to W. Germany--I have wanted one again ever since for a budget build and a platform to be creative.

Other projects I have worked on since getting out of the Army in 1989: lowered Chevy Luv, C10 with an LS1 swap, multiple RX7s (LS, stroker V8s and Rotaries), '67 Nova, Model A, Rivieras, a '70 VW bug on a 4 linked S10 frame with a front-engined 8.1 liter Vortec (never completed), Rivieras, a Datsun 510 with a 13b with blow through turbo, and a current '86 Regal on hydraulics in the process of a 5.3 liter swap.  Not much of this means anything other than it's not my first BBQ and that sometimes my creativity out paces my talent and skills--I call it Sketchy Engineering.  I may have questions at some point on the 620 but promise to use the search function first.

Since buying the 620 I have lowered it on 3" blocks and torsion adjustments, started on a rear safari window, reinforced the hood,  drove it around and then decided to sell the L18 and 5 speed out of it to another member.  I have ordered a 5-link set up for the rear and hope to install that sometime in the early fall.  Not sure about the front yet or what swap I will throw in the engine bay. 

Thanks and have a great day.

Hood reinforcement

Good morning! It's fantastic to hear about your passion for car projects and your extensive experience in the automotive world. Your diverse range of projects, from lowered trucks to engine swaps and unique combinations, showcases your creativity and dedication to the craft. It's impressive how you've tackled various vehicles and embraced the challenges that come with customizing and building. Sketchy Engineering may have its moments, but it's all part of the learning process and the joy of creating something unique. Your plans for the Datsun 620 sound exciting, and I'm sure the community would be eager to hear about your progress. Remember, there's always a wealth of knowledge in the search function, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance. Keep up the great work, and may your journey with the Datsun 620 be filled with creativity, success, and endless enjoyment. Have a fantastic day!

• Like 1
On 2/5/2024 at 3:01 AM, ellahenderson7 said:

Good morning! It's fantastic to hear about your passion for car projects and your extensive experience in the automotive world. Your diverse range of projects, from lowered trucks to engine swaps and unique combinations, showcases your creativity and dedication to the craft. It's impressive how you've tackled various vehicles and embraced the challenges that come with customizing and building. Sketchy Engineering may have its moments, but it's all part of the learning process and the joy of creating something unique. Your plans for the Datsun 620 sound exciting, and I'm sure the community would be eager to hear about your progress. Remember, there's always a wealth of knowledge in the search function, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance. Keep up the great work, and may your journey with the Datsun 620 be filled with creativity, success, and endless enjoyment. Have a fantastic day!

Mannys620

New Members

Joined June 29, 2018

Last visited December 27, 2018 

old post and it's been over 6 years since he was last here. Would be nice to hear a update. But not holding my breath. 

• Like 2