Sign in to follow this  
SUPER_YOCOM

After market mirrors move too easily

After market mirrors move too easily

They dont flop around or anything close but do slowly get out of place after  55mph or more.With the screws tight of curse ive tried the oem tension springs set up and also added some thin tar like stuff to the ball/socket.Both helped but not a full fix.Any suggestions.

Thanks,Yocom

Edited by SUPER_YOCOM
gramer
  • Like 1

I've experienced this myself with aftermarket mirrors. In the end I just tossed them and got a set of used oem mirrors, never an issue since...

• Like 1

It seems all aftermarket mirrors suck whether they are on a 2003 Dodge, a 1998 GMC, a 1987 Land Cruiser, or a vintage Datsun. I don't know why these manufacturers can't figure it out.

My aftermarket mirrors stay in place perfectly! Just the mirror part gets smaller as the edges lose their mirroring coating.

Honestly, it all depends on the quality of mirror you choose.  I know that there is some websites that still sell OEM parts like Partsgeek.  I did notice on there that they are reasonably priced.  I can get 2 brand new front fenders for $45 a piece but, you pay for shipping.  Keep scavenging my friend, you'll soon find what you want.