74 610 goon fuel vent tank hoses

Humboldt

Does anyone have a source for the hoses that go to the vent tank (after the filler) coming and going from main tank?  The two I have are marked 3910 (snorkel shaped and 3905 with a mild 90 degree bend.
PS, I traded my son my 72 510 goon for this 74 610, orange, hence "the Pumpkin". I painted the steelies with barbeque paint, put in 2" exhaust with turbo muffler, did minor cleanup/amenities and fixed the headlights, so far. It has a Weber 32/36 on the L20b.
PPS I can't figure out how to copy pix. I used to be able to. Insert existing attachment . . . huh?

PPPS will it mess anything up to run it with the kinked lines? I have already stripped the air pump and other useless pollution control. These vent tank lines had completely rotted and were gassing me out big time!

Edited by Humboldt
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying submit other media again. It says I "don't have existing attachments". wtd? Do I have to go somewhere and generate an "existing attachment"?

These damned hoses were venting alright . . . right to my lungs and brain. maybe kinked is better than that, but if I could get a source for those pre-bent hoses I'd bloody my hands again and tear that mother f-er out and do it right this time.  Your 710 doesn't have this feature, right?

OH YEAH it sure does have that basket of snakes but it's working so I covered it back up and try to forget about it. X fingers. As it is the fuel shuts off with about 2 liters left to go. On long trips I have to squirt the gas in and wait for it to settle and repeat till it's full. I assume this is all the hoses.

You will need a picture hosting sight to download your pictures to.  https://ratsun.net/topic/74029-whaty-are-people-using-to-host-images/?tab=comments#comment-1571491  They're usually free. When posting, go there and copy the picture information, bring to Ratsun and paste in the "Insert other media"

• Like 1

I will try the photo stuff later. I am just back from slamming drums for 2 hours with surf rock group Band O Loko, and doing that sh!t drains the energy out of a 68 year old! At least I get a temporary reprieve from breathing gas fumes. I will probably just drive the Pumpkin for a while and see what happens. Hopefully it won't blow up. There's gotta be some guy in Thailand, hopefully not stranded in a cave, who has these vent tank hoses for sale.

Schlepped drums to a Relay for Life cancer benefit gig this afternoon using the Pumpkin as transpo. It worked fine. No gas problem even with kinky hoses. Only problem is it's such a chick magnet and I'm happily married 38 years.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO2bsB7LGkLS_ZuLxWXHPqZrflcfDM0Ezd83IYS6dJOBXHObZdVZgDVnwMjNRSoQQ?key=ekFJSVBtVnkxaFhtbVN5QTdWbXFGWURkcXpZZ1VB

Here is "the Pumpkin".Hope it is visible. I wire wheeled the steelies and barbeque painted. Then shod with brand new "Sailun" tires. Well, at least the rims are 14's! I'm nickel and diming it, although it ain't a dime. Unless 610's count. Troy Ermish, eat your heart out!

• 2 weeks later...