620 : Hazards don't work if holding brake

Title pretty much says all. If I am holding the brakes, and I pull the hazard, it won't blink, it'll just hold the hazard on. Does anyone know what could cause this? Is it possibly too much power being drawn from the brake lights? Or a bad back end ground? It's not the biggest problem, I can just pull my E brake and my hazards work. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be totally normal.

The brake and turn/4 ways share the same bulbs. Running lights are separate and dimmer. To signal a turn, the bulb on that side is disconnected from the brake signal and the flasher connected so it flashes. This is done in the turn signal switch on the column and only affects the one side or the other. If using the 4 way flasher the brake signal  over rides the flasher on off on off with a solid 12 volts to light the bulbs.

Have another 620 owner try this. I think you will find it does the same.

6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

This might be totally normal.

The brake and turn/4 ways share the same bulbs. Running lights are separate and dimmer. To signal a turn, the bulb on that side is disconnected from the brake signal and the flasher connected so it flashes. This is done in the turn signal switch on the column and only affects the one side or the other. If using the 4 way flasher the brake signal  over rides the flasher on off on off with a solid 12 volts to light the bulbs.

Have another 620 owner try this. I think you will find it does the same.

I also had a feeling that might have been stock, but I never had anyone else try to check. I'll be checking with one of my local club members later this week, thank you for the information.

But not all ARE this way. If the brake lights and the turn signals are separate the 4 ways will flash when braking. For example my 710wagon 4 ways keep flashing when the brakes are on, I just checked to make sure.