Valve Cover Grommets on the Z24

TotalPleb

I wanted to just make this a question on my other thread, but I thought it might help out since I can't seem to find them anywhere.

So I need to replace the valve cover grommets on my 1985 720 Z24. I can't find an auto parts place near me that stocks them, and the internet has been proving itself to be unforgiving too.

Would someone happen to know where I can get model specific or at least fitting grommets?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, nobody ever thinks to try the Nissan dealer.

Yes, there are a lot of parts not available for these older Nissans and Datsuns, but you'd be surprised at the amount of parts still available from your Nissan dealer.

Or...an engine shop that stocks or can get engine gasket kits may have a source for those grommets, a source like Worldpac which does not sell to the general public.

I just did a quick search and found the part number online: 13268-58SOA

Google results - https://www.google.com/search?q=13268-58soa&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=7Z8WoR5HFRDxaM%3A%2CQvKB-DhtGa_jyM%2C_&usg=__8NaPy_b_mD5-vS45ZiG416iCzzk%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjvgLrXj5DcAhVLllQKHSkuBOoQ9QEILzAC#imgrc=7Z8WoR5HFRDxaM:

13268-97EOA looks to be a similar parts, and it's available new from Nissan. https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-washer~13268-97e0a.html

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports

My RL411 [and so 1600 roadster] engine just loves the 240Z synthetic rubber and aluminum grommets for the valve cover !  They are slightly larger in diameter than the original type R engine grommets, but side by side you cannot tell the difference.  See my RL411 at the JCCS show for a peek.