Site Updated ??​​​​​​​

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but if you try to login more than 3 times you get locked out.  Everyone I believe has to create a new password to login in to the updated Ratsun.  User name should be fine .

I know because I got locked out for trying to login with old password.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Thanks 1

This is what will be hard for the mods is it seems there are many senarios playing out here.  I feel it has to do with parts of the update being loaded at different times after users were allowed in to the update. 

These updates are a huge ammount of work and I hope that Thomas has help deploying this update.  after any update there is always fixes and bugs that have to be chased down.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Didn't work for me and I'm an admin lol 

26 minutes ago, Ranman72 said:

I logged in with old password 

might just be the timing

of the update pieces 

^^^ 

THIS.  ?

33 minutes ago, Ratwagon1600 said:

Nice work on the update.

I might just come back, then again....................

JlDTnUz.gif

• Like 1

Considering that this was such a major update on such a large forum it went really well.  Excellent work Thomas and whom ever else was involved.  I have noticed this morning that the speed of loading pages is back and maybe even improved over the old software.

I am likng the update and will most likely like it even more as I get more familiar with it.

Again great job Thomas!!!  You made this a pretty painless process from a user's point of veiw!

Edited by Charlie69
8 hours ago, tr8er said:

When I run through unread content, and I click one, it goes to the beginning of the thread instead of the last post.  This is not useful.  Can it direct to the end of the thread?

I found that if i click where it says "10 minutes ago" in the lower left of a post it will take you to the latest post in that forum.Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, tr8er said:

When I run through unread content, and I click one, it goes to the beginning of the thread instead of the last post.  This is not useful.  Can it direct to the end of the thread?

Click on the dot or star next to the thread title, not the title itself

• Like 2

I have found this update to be very confusing, I logged in yesterday without issues, yet today when I tried logging in it would not let me in, keeping in mind what Charlie said about being locked out after 3 tries I closed the window after 2 tries and opened a new window to try again and I was now already logged in, my point is even though it kept saying I was not logged in I was logged in when I opened a new window.

I just tried posting a photo from my computer as someone mentioned it could be done but I was not successful, so I checked the properties of both photos posted above, it appears that photos still need a host, is this correct?

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1
On 7/7/2018 at 8:15 AM, russaroll said:

i like the update but it looks washed out, and most of the images are broken.

no classifieds? 

I added some color back in, and the classifieds are now back. The new new classifieds app should be better than the new classifieds of old. haha. I changed the categories to make it easier to require pictures for sales and no pictures for wanted. 

18 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Yes but if you try to login more than 3 times you get locked out.  Everyone I believe has to create a new password to login in to the updated Ratsun.  User name should be fine .

I know because I got locked out for trying to login with old password.

Yeah, I believe it was supposed to transfer the passwords unless they changed the encryption. It seems some people are having issues resetting their password, but others aren't. I'm not sure what that's about!

5 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Considering that this was such a major update on such a large forum it went really well.  Excellent work Thomas and whom ever else was involved.  I have noticed this morning that the speed of loading pages is back and maybe even improved over the old software.

I am likng the update and will most likely like it even more as I get more familiar with it.

Again great job Thomas!!!  You made this a pretty painless process from a user's point of veiw!

Thanks! We were way overdue for an update, but putting it off because of how much work is involved, and we all have busy schedules. They stopped supporting the software version we were running a long time ago. It finally got the point where it was a bit less reliable and the spam filtering was no longer working. Believe me, the last thing I want to do is update the webpage in my free time and get everybody upset. We already put a lot of money into this page every year to keep it ad-free, so it kind of sucks to irritate a whole community when you're putting time and money into it. I do appreciate constructive feedback though—even though I cannot necessarily change certain aspects.  ?

2 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Seems like everything is double-spaced in signatures.  Can that be changed so they aren't taking up so much space?

I think I fixed it!

1 hour ago, wayno said:

I have found this update to be very confusing, I logged in yesterday without issues, yet today when I tried logging in it would not let me in, keeping in mind what Charlie said about being locked out after 3 tries I closed the window after 2 tries and opened a new window to try again and I was now already logged in, my point is even though it kept saying I was not logged in I was logged in when I opened a new window.

I just tried posting a photo from my computer as someone mentioned it could be done but I was not successful, so I checked the properties of both photos posted above, it appears that photos still need a host, is this correct?

That's interesting. I'm not really sure what it's about.

I disabled the ability to upload photos directly. Believe me, I would love to have that feature, but webspace is expensive and for how much we pay per year—well, I've bought 510s for less (back when I actually owned a Datsun).

• Like 1
On 7/7/2018 at 10:55 AM, 125 CSL said:

I could only go to Ratsun on one device, the others saw it as a virus. Later I will check to see if I can use it on something other then my laptop.

This should be fixed now. We were using http instead of https, so we purchased an SSL certificate. If that doesn't mean anything to you, no worries—just means the site is more secure now. Not sure why some people were suddenly getting that warning though, since we never had an SSL certificate before...

• Like 1