Wheel size for 73z without rubbing

revans134

I am new and just bought a 73 240z. I want to keep the stock wheelwells but would like to put 17x8 wheels with 225/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rear. HAs anyone run these and can I get buy without rubbing. It does have adjustable coilovers already installed

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new and just bought a 73 240z. I want to keep the stock wheelwells but would like to put 17x8 wheels with 225/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rear. HAs anyone run these and can I get buy without rubbing. It does have adjustable coilovers already installed

part of this depends on wheel offset 

i have seen 265 on the rear but cant remember if it was flared 

I had 16" Centerline oval hole mags with 225/50-16 Yoko 008's on them on my last 72Z. Those where the widest tires I could get at the time. I think they were 7" rims and I don't know the offset. I used wheel spacers, had clearance but not much to springs and to fender rims, but I later rolled up the inner fender lips about 45 degrees for more fender clearance. I probably had aftermarket springs on by then and they may have been a little shorter than OEM, but the clearance issues were to inside to springs and outside to fenders. I don't know anything about 17" wheels. I still have the Centerlines with the 008's still on them if anyone is interested.

On 6/30/2018 at 3:45 PM, revans134 said:

You need to have at least a zero offset, +10 would be best to get 245 on the back. You could run 245 all around with +10