INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's made from corn? the straws? If plastic it's plastic even if not made from crude oil. You could probably make the plastic from lawn clippings and it won't degrade. Laws can and often are capricious and they come and go if they don't fit..... and sometimes stay when they don't fit.

11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Idiots. They shouldn't have switched to plastic straws in the first fucking place. I don't remember the public demanding plastic straws.... so I guess you were listening to the bean counters that time?

Switched to plastic straws from what ? i don't remember straws being made from anything else.Try one of those new cardboard/paper straws,your drink will taste like the straw.This plastic straw ban is one of those knee jerk reactions to a problem that didn't exist.I'm all for protecting the environment but this law is stupid.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, john510 said:

Switched to plastic straws from what ? i don't remember straws being made from anything else.Try one of those new cardboard/paper straws,your drink will taste like the straw.This plastic straw ban is one of those knee jerk reactions to a problem that didn't exist.I'm all for protecting the environment but this law is stupid.

I think McDees has been around since the 50s. I'm guessing they used paper straws back then. Do you remember the '50s john??? 😄

The law is stupid but it's the drinkers that throw them into the environment not McDees.