INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

9 hours ago, tr8er said:

Mike, you are old so I guess you are prone to be stuck in your ways. 

Yes.

However you can teach old dogs new tricks. Just over a month ago I asked my wife to get me a recycling box and have been sorting cans and boxes and shit out for pick up every two weeks. I don't throw my plastic bags in the ocean, just so you know, although I do live 100 meters from the Pacific shore. Mine all end up in the landfill, what few we get. And we have those reusable bags.   

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well they don't have to fight gravity to stay in the air like all heavier than air craft do. You won't 'crash' just because you run out of fuel or the engine(s) quit. Time in the air is limited by food supply and fuel for motivation.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Well they don't have to fight gravity to stay in the air like all heavier than air craft do. You won't 'crash' just because you run out of fuel or the engine(s) quit. Time in the air is limited by food supply and fuel for motivation.

and static electricity

• Like 3
23 hours ago, john510 said:

Your recycling centers don't take plastic ? what's wrong with you people over there ? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/584131/

they take take the recycling.  But the recycling companies sell their sorted recyclables to processors, typically in China etc.  well, they are saturated, and don’t need as much as we make.  So what happens is you feel good for recycling, but your crap ends up in the trash anyway.   

52 minutes ago, tr8er said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/584131/

they take take the recycling.  But the recycling companies sell their sorted recyclables to processors, typically in China etc.  well, they are saturated, and don’t need as much as we make.  So what happens is you feel good for recycling, but your crap ends up in the trash anyway.   

Are you saying China buys our recyclables and then throws them away for us ? what a deal.i find it hard to believe my recycling center will pay me for plastic and then send it to the landfill.

2 hours ago, john510 said:

Are you saying China buys our recyclables and then throws them away for us ? what a deal.i find it hard to believe my recycling center will pay me for plastic and then send it to the landfill.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/sweden-s-recycling-is-so-revolutionary-the-country-has-run-out-of-rubbish-a7462976.html

4 hours ago, john510 said:

Pays you for recycling plastic?   I doubt it.  They might give you your bottle deposit back, but that’s far from paying you.  That’s like saying the government pays you a tax refund...   they’ll give you your deposit back, then sell it bulk if there is a buyer.  All consumables should move away from long decay plastics.  It’s greedy and short sighted.  Ones convenience is far less valuable than we seem to thinks. 

So for some reason we been eating way to much frozen pizza lately.. Had a Mad Mike's and it was pretty good size and tasty. AA++ would trade again

. Female bought some from Costco the other day ( 4 pack) and i just cooked for twins.. Very much resemble Tony's pizza from the early 80s ,, tiny but cheap and a ton of pepperonis . FYI i hate their take and bake ,, crust tastes like paper

So there you go 

My take on this no plastic bags,,  paper straws shit...  I am all for it ,, BUT every state that goes to it HAS TO use their fucking trees ie cut down in that state ,,, and ONLY use paper made or recycled in paper / pulp mills in their fucking state. 

it's easy to have an environmental hardone if the horrifying smell and pollution of a pulp mill or deforestation has no effect on where you are at all  . 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, tr8er said:

Pays you for recycling plastic?   I doubt it.  They might give you your bottle deposit back, but that’s far from paying you.  That’s like saying the government pays you a tax refund...   they’ll give you your deposit back, then sell it bulk if there is a buyer.  All consumables should move away from long decay plastics.  It’s greedy and short sighted.  Ones convenience is far less valuable than we seem to thinks. 

Ok i'm not getting paid for plastic products i buy (bottled water,etc.) if you want to get technical about it.I take them to the recycling center and get XXX amount per pound back.Today it was $2.05 per pound/plastic.