INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

15 hours ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

This one is good too, guy reaches over counter to grab the girl and get his ass beaten....by that girl LOL

That manger should be fired for not stepping in, kicking him in the fucking teeth and peeing on him.  

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't see the preamble that led to this. Maybe the counter person was a douche. Not excusing the customer. People don't usually lash out like that. Something sets them off.

Maybe drink or drugs. Manager should have called the police on the guy but instead takes his order.

There's no guarantee that 'someone else will' (finish it). If there were, you would be less likely to start something. This is why you would rob a home with no one in it. Although now a days there seems to be no thought to accountability at all. Where are the checks and balances to behavior in private and in public??? A public that has everyone with a camera recording everything you do?

OR...

is everything the same as before and always was and the media presents more than you would normally encounter? Forty years ago, outside of the other customers there, who would even know about it?? Now the whole world sees it. Of the 'billions and billions served' how often does this really happen

3 hours ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

Oh snap, just saw this story in my YouTube feed, I knew the situation was bad as is in Portland, but now it is shocking to see one of Pacific Northwest most beautiful city being run down by spineless officials....holy crap!

Seattle's turning into SanFrancisco?

• Sad 1

We had a store stop using plastic bags and switch to paper. I stopped shopping there. Idiots. I re-purposed them as kitchen and bathroom garbage bags rather than buy them. I told them that that's what everyone does with them but... they want to be perceived as being green. I'd like the choice of being 'brown' if I want to. The paper bags could be recycled I guess.

• Like 1

My entire island has fully banned all plastic bags at grocers.  People grumbled for about a day.   No big deal.  Now we bring bags when we shop or get paper if it was an unplanned trip.  Household trash goes in plant plastics that breakdown quick.  They are almost always on sale so I doubt they end up costing me more.  Mike, you are old so I guess you are prone to be stuck in your ways.  But we are being really stupid about plastics as a whole.  Those of us who live in the pacific are acutely aware of the extent of the trash humans loan the ocean.  Hell, recyclers aren’t even taking plastic anymore.  China is done buying it because the recycled plastic market is saturated.  It’s going to be ugly in 100 years when our shit breaks down to micro plastics.  

Reminds me of a ceramics professor at college who told a story of a dog who lived in the ceramics studio every day with the teacher.  After several years of decaying health, the dog eventually passed away and was cremated.  What was left was a perfect ceramic casting of the dogs lungs.

Paulatim ergo certe. 

16 minutes ago, tr8er said:

My entire island has fully banned all plastic bags at grocers.  People grumbled for about a day.   No big deal.  Now we bring bags when we shop or get paper if it was an unplanned trip.  Household trash goes in plant plastics that breakdown quick.  They are almost always on sale so I doubt they end up costing me more.  Mike, you are old so I guess you are prone to be stuck in your ways.  But we are being really stupid about plastics as a whole.  Those of us who live in the pacific are acutely aware of the extent of the trash humans loan the ocean.  Hell, recyclers aren’t even taking plastic anymore.  China is done buying it because the recycled plastic market is saturated.  It’s going to be ugly in 100 years when our shit breaks down to micro plastics.  

Reminds me of a ceramics professor at college who told a story of a dog who lived in the ceramics studio every day with the teacher.  After several years of decaying health, the dog eventually passed away and was cremated.  What was left was a perfect ceramic casting of the dogs lungs.

Paulatim ergo certe. 

Your recycling centers don't take plastic ? what's wrong with you people over there ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1