INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, I'm BLUE said:

What year/setup ?

97 F250 XLT 7.5L 460 gas...155 wheelbase, CA emissions if that matters (different timing cover with crank trigger).  Not sure which is the correct pump yet...I need to go double check the tank size.  I think I need the F6TZ-9A407-BB, but some sites say the PFB2 is a substitute...eg rockauto lists the PFB2 as an F6TZ-9A407-BB, while listing the F6TZ-9A407-BB for about $100 more...

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

I thought you were going to help ?

Lol sorry i deleted all i typed....

Brpther and father have 92 and 93 f150 dual tank 5spd 300ci 6cylinder specials.

Fathers front tank pump was thlught to have a problem...before i was going to change it...i de ided to just umped a bunch of GOOD injector cleaner down it....i hate pulling tanks.beds....lol....t only had one hiccup since. Ran great since then and still driving today !

Brothers rig has 298k on both original pumps...although one is noisy...lol

^^^ Sometimes the connectprs get hot from overtime usage , so watch all your pigtails on the fuel pump before reassembly.

Both rigs born and raisec i. The PNW...

I believe you are correct. If your sender is ok , and you feel confident that you can zip apart your rig....id just buy a fuel pump , connector , and have some good clamps on hand. Ive done fuel pumps as a module unit itself and installing the fuel pump in the module before reinserting. Makes no matter as its your time. I'd clean the sender though... lol

Or call a ford dealership to confirm the part #....you might be dead before they do though.....lol

I wonder if you have some known issues or defect by design .......TSB's out on your rig ? 

Edited by I'm BLUE
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, I'm BLUE said:

Lol sorry i deleted all i typed....

Brpther and father have 92 and 93 f150 dual tank 5spd 300ci 6cylinder specials.

Fathers front tank pump was thlught to have a problem...before i was going to change it...i de ided to just umped a bunch of GOOD injector cleaner down it....i hate pulling tanks.beds....lol....t only had one hiccup since. Ran great since then and still driving today !

Brothers rig has 298k on both original pumps...although one is noisy...lol

^^^ Sometimes the connectprs get hot , so watch all your pigtails on the fuel pump.

Both rigs born and raisec i. The PNW...

I believe you are correct. If your sender is ok , and you feel confident that you can zip apart your rig....id just buy a fuel pump , connector , and have some good clamps on hand. Ive done fuel pumps as a module unit itself and installing the fuel pump in the module before reinserting. Makes no matter as its your time. I'd clean the sender though... lol

Or call a ford dealership to confirm.....you might be dead before they do though.....lol

Truck was running fine and then sat for 10 days while I was out of town.  Got back and the next day into work got a CEL for lean condition on right bank, but otherwise seemed to be running fine.  Figured dirty maf or vaccuum leak.  Cleaned the maf with no change and couldn't find any vacuum leaks.  Then started thinking I was having transmission problems as things were acting sluggish getting up to speed on the freeway, but it wasn't until today that I actually noticed a major bog on acceleration (I'm generally pretty nice to the truck and don't accelerate very hard).  Put it into 2nd and mashed the gas and it would almost die, and then started almost dying under normal light acceleration.  Was going to see about checking the fuel pressure and it wouldn't even stay running...switched to rear tank and everything is fine.  Switching to front tank while driving kills it.  I imagine changing it is going to be a bastard - it's also a utility bed full to the rafters.

• Like 1
On 7/16/2018 at 8:40 PM, thisismatt said:

Dual fuel tanks in my work F250.  Front pump went out today after struggling the last two weeks.  Dealer wants $607...hahaha.  Still nearly $400 online, though...laaame

Ford, they circle the problem.

• Like 1