INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

C jr is a cut above McD and BK and JB but still has that unmistakable processed fast food quality to it. One of my new faves is a chain call Habit. Real meat and sides are killer, tempura green beans, sweet potato fries, great salads and real ice cream shakes. Better yet you can order online and it's ready when you get there.

• Like 2
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, paradime said:

C jr is a cut above McD and BK and JB but still has that unmistakable processed fast food quality to it. One of my new faves is a chain call Habit. Real meat and sides are killer, tempura green beans, sweet potato fries, great salads and real ice cream shakes. Better yet you can order online and it's ready when you get there.

I stopped eating CJr when they got away from their signature fries and started copying McD, right down to the patties size, I remember when their fries where thick and patties meaty, now it sux as bad as the rest, the only burger joint I go to is Mom and Pops style small burger joint or In & Out when I feel like eating garbage.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Just say no to garbage.....

4 hours ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

Yup, make your own burgers with beef you ground yourself.

I've been trying to take better care of myself and family when it comes to food. Not some food nazi zellat thing, just staying away from white processed starches, sugar, processed foods in general, and having a real fresh veg with every meal. Personally I'm limiting the amount of carbs I eat and I feel a real difference. Also usually had a gin on ice while making dinner, but I haven't even been doing that. more constant energy throughout the day and sleeping through the night. For years I'd have insomnia 4 out of 7 nights a week. Last night I had a gin and slept like shit. Turn out the lights the party's over.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, VFR800 said:

1st two Carl's Jr opened in my state and one is where I drive past to go to my PO Box so stopped in for a taste,not bad overall.

Had the philly cheese steak double burger for 1st time and pretty good. 

Somewhere I have a picture of a Carl's JR ad with a 69 510 in it.. I'll try to dig it up.

• Like 2

Tried to watch 'A Quiet Place' on Netflix. I guess the acting is ok but the story, si/fi, is unbelievable. Seriously... Not Believable at all. I mean every time a human makes a little noise one of these rejects from 'The Edge Of Tomorrow' rushes out of the woods and kills you??? This would mean there has to be one per every square quarter mile to get there fast enough. You'd be tripping over them. Why do the people in this go into town without machetes, knives and hunting bows????? It's fucked and I bailed on it. Critics seem to love it but it's christ on crutches lame. As fuck!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Tried to watch 'A Quiet Place' on Netflix. I guess the acting is ok but the story, si/fi, is unbelievable. Seriously... Not Believable at all. I mean every time a human makes a little noise one of these rejects from 'The Edge Of Tomorrow' rushes out of the woods and kills you??? This would mean there has to be one per every square quarter mile to get there fast enough. You'd be tripping over them. Why do the people in this go into town without machetes, knives and hunting bows????? It's fucked and I bailed on it. Critics seem to love it but it's christ on crutches lame. As fuck!   

Sounds like the walking dead lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

Now I know who's face was copied for the blow up dolls...

Actually that is a blow up doll. It's what happens when you over inflate then... Don't ask me how I know that.

Edited by paradime
  • Haha 1