INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have prices for most Datsun parts and there is a mark up for the dealer close to 50% so any 'OEM quality' parts (lord knows if they really are Original Equipment Manufacturers 40 years later if made in Japan and definitely not if make in Korea/Taiwan, but the quality might be. China??? FORGET IT!!) OEM quality, is as close to bullshit as there is but better than anything else. Generally if the cost is about half what the Nissan dealer price is then close. If the slave for my 710 is almost $50 and the mark up $28 then the NAPA one for $20 (CDN) is probably ok. If $12 I'm getting a piece of shit. The last one I got I had no choice I forget the price but took apart to check for machining chips and to wet the rubber seal. The seal was not the stiffer rubber I expected but floppy like a contact lens and was not impressed.

Well shit.  I just bought my first non Datsun/Nissan in over 20 years.  

Got a killer offer on an LR3 and I love 4 wheeling.  My hardbody gets me anywhere I want to go, but this seems like it’ll be fun for a bit and will fit my family.  Also, I always had a childhood dream of owning a Jaguar.  This kinda fills that dream in a small way with the AJ-8 heart.  We shall see...

• Like 1
8 hours ago, tr8er said:

Well shit.  I just bought my first non Datsun/Nissan in over 20 years.  

Got a killer offer on an LR3 and I love 4 wheeling.  My hardbody gets me anywhere I want to go, but this seems like it’ll be fun for a bit and will fit my family.  Also, I always had a childhood dream of owning a Jaguar.  This kinda fills that dream in a small way with the AJ-8 heart.  We shall see...

Better set aside $$$$ for parts & repairs.Those things can get real pricey.

• Like 1