INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, hobospyder said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRbwCknlWxV/?igshid=1vd08iz6r014y

Don't remember why but I had a bucket of gas out in the shop at one point. And, well.... I felt the need to test it out

The fuel didn't ignite in the bucket because the mixture from the top of the bucket to the fuel was too rich.

How many drinks were involved? do you realize if it had lit how fried you would have been?

• Like 1

dryicefog.gif

At worst it would have had flames floating on the top. It was open and not contained and (presumably) had not been there all day filling the room so no explosion. In a still room there would only be a proper mix at the interface between the room air and the fumes spilling out as the gas evaporated. Gas auto ignites at about 530F. I suspect the cigarette ember passed through the gas air interface too quickly and once through is immersed in gas fumes only, and no oxygen. Also there would be a boundary layer of air dragged along with the butt so the fumes wouldn't actually get to the hottest part of the ember before it was submerged in fumes.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1