INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ray and Bob, two Government maintenance guys, were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking up.

A woman walked by and asked what they were doing.

"We're supposed to find the height of the flagpole", said Bob, "But we don't have a ladder."

The woman said, "Hand me that wrench out of your toolbox."

She loosened a few bolts, then laid the pole down.

She then took a tape measure from their toolbox, took a measurement and announced, "Eighteen feet, six inches" and walked away.

Ray shook his head and laughed. "Well, ain't that just like a 'Miss-know-it-all' woman?" he said. "We need the height and she gives us the length!"

Ray and Bob are still working for the Government.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 1/11/2020 at 8:43 AM, john510 said:

I'd love to have a Pinto.In the early 80's that was the next best thing to a 510.We had a local race track that ran a Pony stock class,mostly Pinto's and i think it was Monza's that raced in it.

I had one in the '70s. Found it very under powered, unexciting, handled like a boat wasn't good at anything. My new B-210 was quicker, handled and  gave great mileage. The Pinto/Bobcat and the Vega/Astra were Ford and GMs answer to the public wanting better fuel economy. Basically a "fuck you, here's what we give you, we don't care, what are you going to do? buy those Jap cars lol". All four were pieces of shit with hammered together build quality. Not one of them came within 5-7 MPG of what they claimed. This was the beginning of the end for the 'Big Three'. 

This is post 80K