INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Idiots. This won't work. No vegetation is the same as burned off vegetation when the rains come. I smell law suits from land slides. There have been wild fires since the last ice age in California, you can't stop them. Building codes need changes. Fireproof roofs and construction. Every new home and other's retrofitted with 2,000 gallon cistern for fighting fires on property.

10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Idiots. This won't work. No vegetation is the same as burned off vegetation when the rains come. I smell law suits from land slides. There have been wild fires since the last ice age in California, you can't stop them. Building codes need changes. Fireproof roofs and construction. Every new home and other's retrofitted with 2,000 gallon cistern for fighting fires on property.

Actually using goats to reduce vegetation does work.We have places down here that will rent them to you to clean up your property.How would you know living in a place that's wet 365 days a year ?

• Thanks 1

I'm sure they do but not the dead dry crap. Goats and cows can cause erosion of soil by wind or rain. Flaming embers blow for miles, you need houses that won't burn easily and a supply of water on every property. You can't rely on fire fighters to come save your home. Seems kind of sensible to me but people there want to rely on fire breaks, water bombers and fire fighting equipment...... and goats now. Introducing a species like goats is not without risk.    

California started reissuing license plate colors from the 1950's,1960's & 1970's. Those plates you can tell from the originals. The originals had the date on the plate.

Chopper Jim

• Like 1

Last I heard, it was just Black/Gold plates.A lot of people repaint them,

like in the picture.A CHP officer told me that it's not legal to repaint them.To me,

it'd give the cops an excuse to pull you over.

I've got an original pair of Black plates that I'm tempted to sell.They've

never been installed on a vehicle. 

• Like 1

NEVER give the police a reason to pull you over. Tail light out? Cary a spare with you or fix it ASAP. Don't drive like a idiot. Don't speed. If a cop just happens to pull up behind you, immediately pull over or into a business and stop. If you continue driving long enough everyone makes some mistake or an excuse to be pulled over. This puts him on the spot, he probably has nothing at the moment and you've forced his hand. If he's going to pull you over, he's going to pull you over, so do it under your control. 

• Like 3
On 5/6/2019 at 3:33 PM, Chopper Jim said:

California started reissuing license plate colors from the 1950's,1960's & 1970's. Those plates you can tell from the originals. The originals had the date on the plate.

Chopper Jim

Yellow was a whole different size.. and the letters with gap are def noticeable on original blacks.

I'd like a blue 80's myself

Edited by 240zness
On 5/6/2019 at 7:06 PM, angliagt said:

Last I heard, it was just Black/Gold plates.A lot of people repaint them,

like in the picture.A CHP officer told me that it's not legal to repaint them.To me,

it'd give the cops an excuse to pull you over.

I've got an original pair of Black plates that I'm tempted to sell.They've

never been installed on a vehicle. 

I've seen some shitty paint jobs that should be illegal , hard to read

Like a license plate prodector that's cloudy AF, or tinted .. why protect your plate.

10-99 club frame gets points from law enforcement