INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

I just find it interesting that all these shootings happen in "gun free zones"  in areas where gun laws are the "strictest" SMH, and the fires when the winds are extremely high, that Camp fire has nearly taken out the town of Paradise in Northern California, mass evacuation in Sta. Barbara due to the fire + high winds there, my youngest sister's husband has an uncle that lost all his belongings and home yesterday in Paradise, my other sister's husband's grandparents have been evacuated this morning in Sta. Barbara....unreal.. 

Remember back to the Las Vegas mass shooting when everyone here was endlessly going on and on about things not adding up, missing surveillance tape, police cover ups, second shooter and conspiracy to cover it up? I said this will all turn out to be a run of the mill, vanilla flavor nut case with a gun.... and it was. You have access to guns, crowds of people and plenty of mental cases so this isn't going away soon and is now the norm. If you don't want to be killed in a mass shooting don't hang around in groups of 4 or more.

Fire? How else would you have a massive fire without the seasonal wind??????? If you don't like seasonal wild fires don't live where they've happened since the last ice age.... like in California.

You say this like it's a conspiracy when it's at best, just an accident. What's it like going through life thinking every event was darkly orchestrated against you or people you know?

3 hours ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

I just find it interesting that all these shootings happen in "gun free zones"  in areas where gun laws are the "strictest" SMH

When did LA and Vegas become "gun free zones"? Shit I must have missed that one.

Perfectly rational to think implementing and enforcing gun control laws might actually keep our cities safe. So what's the fucking hitch then? Maybe these depressed gun enthusiasts aren't seeking help in cities with restrictive gun laws, because they're worried if anyone found out they were struggling with depression they'd lose weapons. Thinking open carry for all would make our cities safer doesn't take into account that I don't trust 90% of the "licenced" drivers on the road let alone trusting those same fucktards with a firearm. Fuck that shyit... Our only hope is getting our act together and our head straight when it comes to treating mental health like any other form of health. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, paradime said:

When did LA and Vegas become "gun free zones"? Shit I must have missed that one.

I believe this may be the sort of thing KoHeartsGPA was referring to...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/09/site-of-thousand-oaks-mass-shooting-gun-free-zone/

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/las-vegas-shooting-festival-banned-attendees-from-carrying-firearms

Yes, both sources lean toward the gun rights side. But, would you honestly expect a source the leans the other way to report it? 

Only posting this as to the way I read and understood KoHeartsGPA's post to be interpreted, and maybe clear things up for you, no need to go all psych crazy on a reply.

• Like 1

So, every election people claim voting fraud, or question if their votes were counted.  Why don't we have an online, searchable record?  eg If I'm concerned my vote wasn't counted, I can go online and enter my SS# & poling location (or some type of verification), and get my voting results (who I voted for & when).  Why is this so hard?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
30 minutes ago, Rjawm said:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/09/site-of-thousand-oaks-mass-shooting-gun-free-zone/

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/las-vegas-shooting-festival-banned-attendees-from-carrying-firearms

Yes, both sources lean toward the gun rights side. But, would you honestly expect a source the leans the other way to report it? 

Only posting this as to the way I read and understood KoHeartsGPA's post to be interpreted, and maybe clear things up for you, no need to go all psych crazy on a reply.

Damn, I nailed it without even going to those sites, most places like those in blue cities have been deemed gun free zones, it really isn't rocket science for thugs to target unarmed populations for max impact, they are cowards, it's what cowards do ?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

So, every election people claim voting fraud, or question if their votes were counted.  Why don't we have an online, searchable record?  eg If I'm concerned my vote wasn't counted, I can go online and enter my SS# & poling location (or some type of verification), and get my voting results (who I voted for & when).  Why is this so hard?

Unfortunately the government doesn't want transparency, that can be done very easily and efficiently and I love the idea. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Rjawm said:

Rjawm, Maybe you misunderstood my reply. As a gun owner, I gave some of my reasoning for why neither of these extremes work in my experience, and you respond with insults and articles from Breitbart. Allow me to clarify. I'm a psychologist so me going "all psych crazy on a reply" is that I see a need to advocate for a less crazy dialogue than the extreme histaria regarding gun safety, ie total government control vs arm everyone to the teeth. Crazy guns aren't killing people, it's mentally ill people who aren't getting the help they need who are indeed using guns to kill innocent people. See if this helps "So what's the fucking hitch then? Maybe..." In other words, "Why doesn't gun control work?"

My perspective is not derived from articles. I have first hand experience working with clients who struggle with suicidal ideations and own guns. In all reality, unless a client represents a clear and present danger to themselves or others (a plan to harm) I am bound by law to hold their privacy. With clients who've expressed fear for their sanity I have gone to great lengths to enter into a safety pact where by they give their guns to someone they trust for safekeeping until they have stabilized, and that trusted person call me to confirm their receipt and commitment of responsibility. A common sense solution within the letter of the law. So how is that perspective psych crazy?

Edited by paradime
1 hour ago, paradime said:

Rjawm, Maybe you misunderstood my reply. As a gun owner, I gave some of my reasoning for why neither of these extremes work in my experience, and you respond with insults and articles from Breitbart. Allow me to clarify. I'm a psychologist so me going "all psych crazy on a reply" is that I see a need to advocate for a less crazy dialogue than the extreme histaria regarding gun safety, ie total government control vs arm everyone to the teeth. Crazy guns aren't killing people, it's mentally ill people who aren't getting the help they need who are indeed using guns to kill innocent people. See if this helps "So what's the fucking hitch then? Maybe..." In other words, "Why doesn't gun control work?"

My perspective is not derived from articles. I have first hand experience working with clients who struggle with suicidal ideations and own guns. In all reality, unless a client represents a clear and present danger to themselves or others (a plan to harm) I am bound by law to hold their privacy. With clients who've expressed fear for their sanity I have gone to great lengths to enter into a safety pact where by they give their guns to someone they trust for safekeeping until they have stabilized, and that trusted person call me to confirm their receipt and commitment of responsibility. A common sense solution within the letter of the law. So how is that perspective psych crazy?

First and foremost, you completely and utterly missed the point of the last sentence and have now decided to be confrontational in your extremely long-winded response. 

So let me clarify and reiterate...

I clearly and concisely pointed out the sources being slanted but also why they would be.

I also clearly stated that the whole post was merely to be an example of how KoHeartsGPA's post could be interpreted, since the opening line of your post that I quoted seemed to state you misunderstood its intent.

And lastly, there was no insult made, I know you are a psychologist from your posts in the past that mentioned it, hence the statement "no need to go all psych crazy on a reply" was to try and avoid you going all in depth on a rant of your opinion vs. mine on the subject since I made no personal stance statement or opinion in my post.  

So long, and thanks for the fish.

Edited by Rjawm
Misspellings
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, thisismatt said:

You have to be kidding, this is a joke, right?

3 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

I''m pretty good with my serial killers but Dahmer is the only one of these guys I recognize.

The band name is literally, Serial Killers or possibly an allude to Cannibal Corpse, since they are all cannibals as well

Edit: After further review, gonna have to go with the cannibal angle, out of the three only Dahmer was a serial killer...

Edit#2: Fine Young Cannibals

Edited by Rjawm
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, thisismatt said:

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

2nd/ This is straying towards politics.

....again

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Rjawm said:

The band name is literally, Serial Killers or possibly an allude to Cannibal Corpse, since they are all cannibals as well

Edit: After further review, gonna have to go with the cannibal angle, out of the three only Dahmer was a serial killer...

I can buy the young cannibals bit but not the "fine" part. Dahmer always looked greasy and creepy. The other two look like B-list twink versions of Freddy Mercury and Matt Dillon ("Outsiders" not "Gunsmoke").

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Rjawm said:

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Rjawm said:

First and foremost, you completely and utterly missed the point of the last sentence and have now decided to be confrontational in your extremely long-winded response. 

So let me clarify and reiterate...

I clearly and concisely pointed out the sources being slanted but also why they would be.

I also clearly stated that the whole post was merely to be an example of how KoHeartsGPA's post could be interpreted, since the opening line of your post that I quoted seemed to state you misunderstood its intent.

And lastly, there was no insult made, I know you are a psychologist from your posts in the past that mentioned it, hence the statement "no need to go all psych crazy on a reply" was to try and avoid you going all in depth on a rant of your opinion vs. mine on the subject since I made no personal stance statement or opinion in my post.  

So long, and thanks for the fish.

42. I point out the connection between unaddressed issues of mental illness and mass killing, and you go all psych crazy on my reply. PM me if there's something you need to talk about.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

I can buy the young cannibals bit but not the "fine" part. Dahmer always looked greasy and creepy. The other two look like B-list twink versions of Freddy Mercury and Matt Dillon ("Outsiders" not "Gunsmoke").

Ouch, not fine as in good looking, but the assumption of a person's character as in "fine young men"

• Like 1