INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

I agree, however....every conspiracy theory and scare tactic have grains of truth, what government wouldn't want that technology?, Remember 10-20 years ago "we didn't have weaponised drones"....it's evidently true that all technological advancements get at some point weapons, no?

This video is not a public service message though, so you need to ask yourself what motivated them to re post it, and how they benefits from it. Like any multibillion dollar industry, organized religions compete for market share, and they use fear to induct new customers and keep them.

I actually found the source of this video and you'll be surprised it came from UC Berkeley academics speaking out against autonomous weapons. 

https://autonomousweapons.org/ 

No doubt, our military has access to more technology than any entity on Earth, and yet even with planes bristling with technology, pilots with $millions in training, and on board supper computers to inform them, they still manage to fuck up and hit the wrong target quite often.

Scary to think about clouds of tiny drones equipped with AI, face recognition, and explosive charges that have the ability to work together to identify and kill all the "bad guys" in a major city. Shit that sounds terrifying, but stop to think what would it really take to do something like that? Maybe if you had more processing power than a mainframe super computer miniaturized to the sized of a dime, insane wireless band width to independently and collectively manage, process, store, and transmit huge amounts of data in real time, days of battery life or the ability to recharge every 15 minutes, the ability to securely reload their weapon multiple, and last but not least, the ability to determine who's good and who's going to die. All this stuff may be possible one day, but who knows, by then we may be glad we have it.

• Like 2

My wife thinks it's so cool to turn at the steps and point the remote at the car and lock it. I take her inside to the kitchen window so she can hear and see it, then point it towards the back of the house and unlock it. Cooler.

I have to use her car now and then. So I walk out to the car and have to fumble in my pocket for the fob, it's always upside down, fumble and press the unlock carefully avoiding the lock or worse the rape alarm. A key is less difficult.

With his key & fob in one in his pocket, my Dad's Acura MDX unlock's itself when he walks up, he sits down says "start" and it starts. If he pushes the unlock button on the key/fob three times it will roll all the windows down to cool off before he gets in. You can upload 6 different remotes into the car and it will open gates, garage doors, even Mike's wife's car.

This is just the beginning.

I'm so confused.  Most US citizens are so upset about the super extra disrespect of Nike supporting such a flag hater standing up for a disrespected minority.  Why is their stock doing so great?  It didn't quite spike their growth like crazy, but it sure as shit ain't taking any hit.  Also on the hot to buy list is Weed.  Buy green!!!   

2 hours ago, paradime said:

With his key & fob in one in his pocket, my Dad's Acura MDX unlock's itself when he walks up, he sits down says "start" and it starts. If he pushes the unlock button on the key/fob three times it will roll all the windows down to cool off before he gets in. You can upload 6 different remotes into the car and it will open gates, garage doors, even Mike's wife's car.

This is just the beginning.

Oh, and I only have to push the unlock button once then hold to roll down my windows...on my old 2003 Accord :P

Just now, tr8er said:

I'm so confused.  Most US citizens are so upset about the super extra disrespect of Nike supporting such a flag hater standing up for a disrespected minority.  Why is their stock doing so great?  It didn't quite spike their growth like crazy, but it sure as shit ain't taking any hit.  Also on the hot to buy list is Weed.  Buy green!!!   

Dunno, don't care.  In fact, I hate buying shoes since manufacturers can't seem to get sizing consistent, even amongst the same brands, and I wear a half size wide that's a pain to find :P  But I did tell my wife a few years ago that we should buy Simpson Strong-Tie stock, since building code is constantly adding more & more metal connectors.  Sure enough, their stock has about doubled in the last 2 years.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, thisismatt said:

Dunno, don't care.  In fact, I hate buying shoes since manufacturers can't seem to get sizing consistent, even amongst the same brands, and I wear a half size wide that's a pain to find :P  But I did tell my wife a few years ago that we should buy Simpson Strong-Tie stock, since building code is constantly adding more & more metal connectors.  Sure enough, their stock has about doubled in the last 2 years.

Nice!