JCCS 2018 in new location

MikeRL411

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I read there will be some freeway closures. The 710 being one of them. But I read that it's supposed to be next week but they really don't give a date so I'm hoping they mean next week for real.

Caltrans crews will close lanes of the Long Beach (710) Freeway between Atlantic Boulevard and the Pomona (60) Freeway overnights starting next week.

Between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. Monday through Thursday up to four northbound lanes from Atlantic Boulevard to the Santa Ana (5) Freeway will be closed as well as the Atlantic/Bandini boulevards and Washington Boulevard off ramp and the Atlantic Boulevard on ramp and the connector road from the northbound Long Beach Freeway to the northbound Santa Ana Freeway.

Up to four lanes of the southbound 710 could be closed from the Santa Ana Freeway to Atlantic Boulevard as well as the Washington Boulevard on and off ramps, The Atlantic Boulevard on ramp and the Atlantic/Bandini boulevards off ramp.

The 710 Freeway closures Friday will last from 7 p.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday and Saturday from 7 p.m. to 12 p.m. Sunday, officials said.

So you might want to just keep a lookout on the freeways for any road work this weekend just in case.

• Like 1

I just got Stanley out of the shop this afternoon. Driving away and find out my turn signal won’t work. Had to go after work and get bulbs. I still need to wash him and get stuff together. Oy! I hope you make it tanker.

Edited by colourbox
  • Like 2
On 9/7/2018 at 6:03 PM, ol' 320 said:

I think you should re-home the Ghetto Blaster 600 my way:)  I would gladly pick it up at the show!

It is 103 outside right now.... at 6pm.

Congrats on Stanley's win! He looked awesome!

Thanks for re-homing the Ghetto...

It was another nice show.

• Like 3

I didn't get as many photos as I usually do so forgive me. I got a migraine Friday night and was still trying to ward it off Saturday so I was rather doped up on migraine meds so my give a shit wasn't really there. At least I wasn't hurting thank goodness.

Everybody knows Stanley

7gdQiyj.jpg

Leonard's beautiful blue 210. His new seats were gorgeous. This car is coming along nicely. I love it!

hYMlw1Q.jpg

Ed's roadster finally came together. Great job on the resto!

6w0bHdg.jpg

kcren8M.jpg

gVi1cu4.jpg

7i7bojW.jpg

lX78F31.jpg

VTNShLs.jpg

vNgX0ed.jpg

S9OludB.jpg

yaWUsE3.jpg

fdg3uav.jpg

yTUaMPG.jpg

OuG0xf2.jpg

JND5jVT.jpg

Edited by colourbox
  • Like 3

8UzdTUU.jpg

This white guy pops up a lot because he's my father-in-outlaw. They love it when I call them the out-laws.

fZkzsfo.jpg

RyDbfnG.jpg

RxhSVGY.jpg

KMd8LVJ.jpg

m2PtldH.jpg

oN5Ugwo.jpg

1:1 scale

xG7aeb5.jpg

WjEYWjB.jpg

Tim Ming's Baja 1000, 1070 Honda N600
This was Honda's first race car effort. Built for the 1970 Baja 1000, driven by Bill Robertson Jr., and Dave Ekins. Unfortunately it did not complete the race. A failure in the CV joint drive hub snap rings caused them to come apart when the car would jump and become airborne. Robertson was driving in the race and every time this happened he would get out and shove the hub back into place to go a bit further and have the same problem. He kept doing this until, exhausted, he threw in the towel.

5zhvZ3o.jpg

WE9ebhx.jpg

cGAI2O6.jpg

Me1hQCQ.jpg

pKheaAd.jpg

Ugsmrbs.jpg

Edited by colourbox
  • Like 4

it was the orange matchbox ford with full exterior role cage 

it just looked like a big matchbox truck

congrats on the win with stanley  that is awesome 

Edited by Ranman72
11 hours ago, angliagt said:

Thanks for posting those.I never got down to that show

when i lived in Eureka,but always wanted to.

Why was that Ford truck there?

That truck has been there at the last few JCCS shows to promote Matchbox cars. They set up and raffle off some cars and give out goodies.

My biggest question is was why there was a Buick/Opal there? Then I find out it is originally and Isuzu car. 

Image result for White buick opel

Image result for buick opel jccs

• Like 1