Sign in to follow this  
MrsEastBay

Introducing La La, My ‘77 710 Wagon.

So excited to finally have a Datsun that’s mine! Proud to say this is my first ever Craigslist deal and I must say, I did pretty damn well (I had a little help from EB. Thanks honey). La La is a yellow 710 wagon with minor rust spots. She sits on stock wheels but, hopefully not for long. I fell in love with her perfect chocolate interior on the CL add but once I saw it in person, I HAD TO HAVE HER. I’m so excited for my grocery getter. Although, I can’t lie, the green carpet is killing me! Oh, forgot to mention, she also has AC! Maybe this is standard but I’m new to the 710 world. Be patient while I figure out the oics.

• Like 2

Automatic? right? I'm guessing that it is because it's lasted this long. Auto are great survivors because they are harder to abuse. Pictures?

Was it in the north bay? with the triple door protector strips? It looked super clean and too cheap

• Like 1

Yes, it was listed in Santa Rosa. The protector strips are clean, I wasn't sure what they were called so I didn't mention them. haha.

Automatic? right? I'm guessing that it is because it's lasted this long. Auto are great survivors because they are harder to abuse. Pictures?

It is an automatic. I'm gonna attempt to post pictures today.

There was a mint condition gray one at Canby. Minty.

That's what mine should look like. Congrats.

• Like 1

So the hatch wouldn’t open when we got there then once home I gave it a good yank and it opened up. Once opened I sprayed the latch with some lube and should have played with it to see what the deal was but I just closed it and hoped it would open up again but it’s stuck closed. I have to take the back panel off and see what’s going on. This morning I spent 3 hours waiting at dmv but I have the paperwork sorted out. Now to drop the oil pan and see what the crank journals look like since it has a pretty good rod Knock. Hopefully I can get away with just changing the bearings and taking it to smog.

I had a similar problem on my 710 wagon. I had to climb into the back and remove the tailgate interior panel. There's a metal arm connected to the hatch lock, and it kept slipping off the part it was supposed to push on.

You may have to lift the engine out to access the pan properly. It would be way easier in the long run.

Let’s hope not I don’t want to have to tow it to the shop.

That is one amazing looking wagon. Finding one around here like that.....impossible. Congratulations, it’s terrific!

• Like 1

It looks like a great start to a project - I was watching this one on craigslist too. 

I'm hoping that you don't find anything scary when the oil pan comes off!

• Like 1

Will !!! Long time....

It looks like a great start to a project

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to being able to cruise my new ride to work.  :thumbup:

Will !!! Long time....

Hi Mike! ...I've been carless for a year-and-a-half, but I just picked up a F10 today to introduce chaos into my life. (I'll post some pictures after I get a bit of work done on it.)

F10! Len Robertson has the only one I know of.

Hi Mike! ...I've been carless for a year-and-a-half, but I just picked up a F10 today to introduce chaos into my life. (I'll post some pictures after I get a bit of work done on it.)

Saw the pictures of the F10 cleaned up and washed, looks real good!  :thumbup:

Nice goon!! Amazing condition!