Introducing La La, My ‘77 710 Wagon.

MrsEastBay

So excited to finally have a Datsun that’s mine! Proud to say this is my first ever Craigslist deal and I must say, I did pretty damn well (I had a little help from EB. Thanks honey). La La is a yellow 710 wagon with minor rust spots. She sits on stock wheels but, hopefully not for long. I fell in love with her perfect chocolate interior on the CL add but once I saw it in person, I HAD TO HAVE HER. I’m so excited for my grocery getter. Although, I can’t lie, the green carpet is killing me! Oh, forgot to mention, she also has AC! Maybe this is standard but I’m new to the 710 world. Be patient while I figure out the oics.

• Like 2
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the hatch wouldn’t open when we got there then once home I gave it a good yank and it opened up. Once opened I sprayed the latch with some lube and should have played with it to see what the deal was but I just closed it and hoped it would open up again but it’s stuck closed. I have to take the back panel off and see what’s going on. This morning I spent 3 hours waiting at dmv but I have the paperwork sorted out. Now to drop the oil pan and see what the crank journals look like since it has a pretty good rod Knock. Hopefully I can get away with just changing the bearings and taking it to smog.

It looks like a great start to a project - I was watching this one on craigslist too. 

I'm hoping that you don't find anything scary when the oil pan comes off!

• Like 1

Will !!! Long time....

Hi Mike! ...I've been carless for a year-and-a-half, but I just picked up a F10 today to introduce chaos into my life. (I'll post some pictures after I get a bit of work done on it.)

Hi Mike! ...I've been carless for a year-and-a-half, but I just picked up a F10 today to introduce chaos into my life. (I'll post some pictures after I get a bit of work done on it.)

Saw the pictures of the F10 cleaned up and washed, looks real good!  :thumbup: