Jump to content

!! CANCELED!! WILL BE RESCHEDULED 14th ANNUAL MARCH 15th, 2020. DATSUN NIPPON CAR SWAPMEET -Eagle Rock recreational center parking lot


BLUEBIRDSSS

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, wayno said:

I live in Washington State where we get a lot of rain, I have never gotten more than 3 years out of them Top End Performance headers before I had to remove it and cut it open, fix where the 4 tubes come together, and then weld the end back on, I did this to 3 or 4 headers from that company, in my searches I found a HOOKER long tube header(Wrecking yard/made out of better material) made for what I believe to be a 620 but I don't know for sure, that did fit my work truck(521/LZ23), I also found a very thick/heavy metal shorty header that has never been used yet, and I still have a Top End Performance header(shorty), The last time I had the work truck apart I removed the header that was on it and I replaced it with an earlier L16 exhaust manifold(smog shit removed), I did not notice any performance loss, and the engine is slightly quieter, I have Dual SUs so it is still noisy.

I do not regret getting away from the headers, they were always rusting out where the 4 tubes come together on the inside, I suspect that was because the rain water would get in where the 4 tubes come together on the outside and rust thru, in 20 years I likely went thru 5 or 6 of them headers as I would buy them in the wrecking yards used, buy them on craigslist, buy them on ebay when the price was reasonable(under $200.00), I bought the nice shorty(new/not made by Top End Performance) at Canby, and once I bought one direct from Top End Performance(again under $200.00), I have never in my life had to replace a stock L16 exhaust manifold, all my L block powered vehicles have L16 exhaust manifolds now.

I have a Top End Performance header that has never been used I will sell for $200.00 plus shipping, but I ground the flange to clear a Z22 block with a L head on it(trial fit), I never had an issue with any leaks when I did that in the past as my work truck has had an LZ23 in it for close to 9 years now, PM me if your interested.

 

Yeah it must be the rain water. I have bought 3 of them from TEP. Two shorties and a long tube for my 510. My 510 wagon is in the Bronx, so I don’t know how that one has held up. My 2 door is in Sacramento and I don’t know about that one either. However, my KC still has the same one on it from 2004. It hasn’t been coated or wrapped...Thankfully it’s held up. 

Link to post

Heat. It accelerates most chemical reactions including oxidation. (rust) Going to thin metal header tubes is just asking for trouble and no one could expect them to last very long when used daily year round. My first an last header was on my 521 and after that experience I'll never do that again. On a stock engine there are no gains to be had as the stock exhaust manifold is more than efficient enough to begin with. I traded a quiet, rust free, leak proof, problem free manifold for.... nothing... and it cost me $80 back in the '70s. Ah, the illusion of speed equipment making a difference in your performance. It's what dreams are made of.

 

RFFQD1p.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
12 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Heat. It accelerates most chemical reactions including oxidation. (rust) Going to thin metal header tubes is just asking for trouble and no one could expect them to last very long when used daily year round. My first an last header was on my 521 and after that experience I'll never do that again. On a stock engine there are no gains to be had as the stock exhaust manifold is more than efficient enough to begin with. I traded a quiet, rust free, leak proof, problem free manifold for.... nothing... and it cost me $80 back in the '70s. Ah, the illusion of speed equipment making a difference in your performance. It's what dreams are made of.

 

RFFQD1p.jpg

Any info where to get one ?

  • Like 1
Link to post

All L16s came with the best manifolds. Later L18s were not as good.

 

L16 on left has 1 and 4 paired and 2,3 paired to separate the exhaust pulses... 1 3 4 2. The manifold on the right is a later one and you can see that they are not properly separated.

 

V5o9o8x.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
7 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

All L16s came with the best manifolds. Later L18s were not as good.

 

L16 on left has 1 and 4 paired and 2,3 paired to separate the exhaust pulses... 1 3 4 2. The manifold on the right is a later one and you can see that they are not properly separated.

 

V5o9o8x.jpg

Do You where /anyone selling them?

  • Like 1
Link to post

well as I stated we went to LA dropped off 2 sales  met up with some customers in a parking lot for the rest of the pre sales 

thanks to everyone who purchased stuff and especially those who drove to meet in one location 

you guys make the trip worth it and with those pre sales i had it was worth the trip even without the swap

we are back home safe and hope everyone is doing OK with all this craziness going on 

thanks again everyone 

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • 10 months later...
On 6/22/2018 at 12:41 AM, BLUEBIRDSSS said:

Do to the Corona Virus Outbreak the Mayor has been told to cancel all Events and Shows until later notice. We will reschedule as soon as we the green light. Sorry friends 

DATE: March15th, 2020 TIME:7am-2pm

 

ADDRESS: 1100 Eagle Vista Drive ,Los Angeles, CA 90041

 

Vendors: $30 EACH parking space. SHOW CARS $8 dollars entry that includes 1 car and driver . passenger or walk ins $3 dollars.

 

Vendors: EXTRA parking spaces are $30 EACH so 2 spaces $60 and 3 spaces $90 so plan accordingly

 

FIRST COME.... FIRST PARKED.....EVERYTHING MUST BE PARKED BY 8AM (tow rigs or trailers must be in by 7am no exceptions)

place your event card on your dash so it can be seen by an event staff.

 

we had almost 50 vendors last time so you will have to park in the assigned space. if you disagree with the assigned space, (remember first come first park) and give attitude you will be asked to leave.

 

this event has grown and the space has not so, now all cars that have not paid in the show will have to park outside. I'm there at 4:30 am so you can get there early and get a good spot. if towing a vehicle you MUST contact me to get a secure spot. no cars on trailers after 8am.

If you are a vendor and show up late you will have to unload your vehicle and park your car outside no exceptions unless clear by Jose Santos

 

!!VENDORS!! NEW RULES if you do not have your money upfront to pay for your vendor spot you will be asked to leave your california I.D. with me. you will get your I.D. back when you can pay for your spot. thank you 

 

 

NO BAD ATTITUDES, NO BURNOUTS, NO ALCOHOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have FUN and THANK YOU!!!

for more information please contact jose santos at (323)972-3737 or email bluebirdsss@netzero.net

Z PARTS call Ranman  916-496-7750

510 parts call the 510keeper James at 530-575-0911

When will this event start 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 7:44 PM, mrbigtanker said:

This show is over. I believe Left Coast Datsun is taking it over. 

 

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..... Never to return? This was a three time a year epic trip for myself and many....  

  • Sad 1
Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone and Bigtanker I just received a phone call from a good friend that there are rumors that the Eagle Rock Car Show is over? Just letting you know that Eagle Rock Car Show IS NOT OVER! And also that I’m moving to Long Beach and Left Coast is taking over my event that’s false and also ridiculous. Now many people know that due to the pandemic the homeless took over the place that we had my show for over 13 years but that doesn’t mean that my event is over! I already have a new place still in Eagle Rock but we still have the pandemic! So when everything clears and I have a green light to do my show.  We will do one and hopefully this year!  If you guys have any questions about my event feel free to call me at 3239723737 leave a message. LEFT COAST IS NOT TAKING OVER MY EVENT!  I’m glad that they are doing there own events in Long Beach I can finally go to one! 

Edited by BLUEBIRDSSS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
25 minutes ago, BLUEBIRDSSS said:

Hello Everyone and Bigtanker I just received a phone call from a good friend that there are rumors that the Eagle Rock Car Show is over? Just letting you know that Eagle Rock Car Show IS NOT OVER! And also that I’m moving to Long Beach and Left Coast is taking over my event that’s false and also ridiculous. Now many people know that due to the pandemic the homeless took over the place that we had my show for over 13 years but that doesn’t mean that my event is over! I already have a new place still in Eagle Rock but we still have the pandemic! So when everything clears and I have a green light to do my show.  We will do one and hopefully this year!  If you guys have any questions about my event feel free to call me at 323972373 leave a message. LEFT COAST IS NOT TAKING OVER MY EVENT!  I’m glad that they are doing there own events in Long Beach I can finally go to one! 

BLUEBIRDSSS  hope  you doing well

  • Like 1
Link to post

Doing better my friend. Sad news my mom passed away a month ago so it’s been real tough dealing with the passing of my mother. But we are hanging in there. How about you? How are you doing? 

  • Sad 3
Link to post
3 minutes ago, BLUEBIRDSSS said:

Doing better my friend. Sad news my mom passed away a month ago so it’s been real tough dealing with the passing of my mother. But we are hanging in there. How about you? How are you doing? 

Sorry for your loss, if you need anything let me know. im just taking  it 1 day at a time with all my medical issues but getting frustrated about 1 of my daily medical issues

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, BLUEBIRDSSS said:

Hello Everyone and Bigtanker I just received a phone call from a good friend that there are rumors that the Eagle Rock Car Show is over? Just letting you know that Eagle Rock Car Show IS NOT OVER! And also that I’m moving to Long Beach and Left Coast is taking over my event that’s false and also ridiculous. Now many people know that due to the pandemic the homeless took over the place that we had my show for over 13 years but that doesn’t mean that my event is over! I already have a new place still in Eagle Rock but we still have the pandemic! So when everything clears and I have a green light to do my show.  We will do one and hopefully this year!  If you guys have any questions about my event feel free to call me at 3239723737 leave a message. LEFT COAST IS NOT TAKING OVER MY EVENT!  I’m glad that they are doing there own events in Long Beach I can finally go to one! 

 

2 hours ago, BLUEBIRDSSS said:

Doing better my friend. Sad news my mom passed away a month ago so it’s been real tough dealing with the passing of my mother. But we are hanging in there. How about you? How are you doing? 

Alex so sorry. Ill buy you lunch for the stupid mistake. I am really sorry, I feel stupid. Dont hate me.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

this is great news 

now we have more opportunities to go to even more swap meets 

Jose it is never easy when your parents pass just keep being you and be there for your Dad 

my mother in law and my mom passed away a few years ago about 39 days apart that was a BIG kick in the nuts 

Cant wait till we get back to some normalcy and being able to have events with friends again 

Thanks for the great info Jose looking forward to the new location and what is to come your shows have always been great 

THANKS FOR KEEPING THIS GOING 

  • Like 3
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.