!! CANCELED!! WILL BE RESCHEDULED 14th ANNUAL MARCH 15th, 2020. DATSUN NIPPON CAR SWAPMEET -Eagle Rock recreational center parking lot

BLUEBIRDSSS

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/23/2018 at 10:18 PM, Ranman72 said:

what parts do you need,

Exterior pillar covers

On 10/30/2018 at 9:48 AM, hosestop@msn.com said:

Datsun 620 521 wheels set of five with tires 15" clear Willwood brakes no spacer will be at swapmeet  450$ will be in space # 9 W55IrSB.jpg.zxPyPxg.jpg

Hello everyone we are just a few days away from the event. Vendors please get there early. Also please read the guidelines there's a new rule (for vendors) Also remember is (DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME) so turn back your clock one hour. See you Sunday!

Edited by BLUEBIRDSSS
Add a few words
  • Like 4

I will be in a enterprise 16 foot box truck and early like last time and will be looking forward to getting selling everything and I will bring 521 bed sides in case someone needs them hopefully 

Edited by gene knight
Parts
On 11/1/2018 at 9:05 AM, BLUEBIRDSSS said:

Hello everyone we are just a few days away from the event. Vendors please get there early. Also please read the guidelines there's a new rule (for vendors) Also remember is (DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME) so turn back your clock one hour. See you Sunday!

I hope everyone sees this. One more time for the people not paying attention.

Had a great time, thank you again Jose for putting this together. I always enjoy this event.  Mostly enjoy getting to see and interact with everyone that shows up. Currently on the road back with bananahamuck and odmanjohnson discussing philosophy and the universe in the back ground. Going to be a long nother 13 hours home.....

• Like 4

thanks for the great swap meet Jose and all the great people that helped put it on thanks to all the people who buy parts for me we really appreciate it we had a great time it was a great turnout and the weather was beautiful

• Like 2

Thanks Jose again for putting on event, also glad to your parents and getting to shake their hands and to meet/ greet face with name (bananahamuck) and tdaaj , seeker> 620kc and hosestop  i had a great time other than the fact that hotels close by were booked up or  didn't have parking space or the 16 ft box truck that i rented to bring everything. or hilton wanted over $200 for room and parking space, since i was able to sell a bunch but not all of my 620 stuff or 521 bedsides, next time i might be able to get a cargo van again in march and hopefully someone will  buy the 521 bedsides. left around 1pm cali time/2pm az time got back a little after 9pm az time frame

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1

BluebirdSSS: Your "12th Annual" ER swap/show is kinda misleading isn't it? If you've had 3 of these events a year for 12 years, haven't you actually put on 36 shows? That's fantastic! You're the absolute best for putting these on, no mater what you call them ;) And I still like the venue, even if it's and hour and a half drive away.

Tdaaj: Thanks for making the long trek from the great north with another load of primo parts, and making my day. Big kudos to your drive crew also.

Red13: Thanks for putting the toy "bait" cars on my spot to draw buyers into my space! (P.S. Your son David really cracks me up! Love seeing him at the shows.)

RuckyCharms: A big "Thanks" for taking my left-over parts off my hands, I'm just not able to schlep parts back and forth to swap meets any more. (No returns! ;)

Always good to see my swap-meet favs: Slim Nelson,  James, Juan the Machinist, Julian, The other Juan from Riverside who bought 620 headlight rings,  Rodney, John who bought my Z ST rims, and Bananhamuck  (Its like talking with one of the three stooges... I can't help but laugh being around him.) Sorry if I left out anyone. Didn't see RivRobert, Chalo, Blue-eyeddevil, and a handful of others. Catch ya next time.  

GeneKnight: I doubt the $5 you charged me for a 620 split/cracked rubber steering column seal (for a replacement template) would have paid for enough fuel to get that rental truck off the lot. But since you drove from Phoenix to sell stuff,  I sent you customers anyway ;) 

dhp123160:  I'm curious and not familiar with diesels. How does a missing fan belt affect your brakes. As long as you have vacuum and  the engine is running don't you have brakes?

Thanks again! See ya all next time... as a shopper/swapper vs. a seller.

• Like 3

Seeker>620 KC: thanks for donating to my fuel cause, it cost me $97 from phoenix to coachella and then from coachella back to phoenix $89 to fuel that pig and then $75 b4 i returned it, talk about a gas guzzer, since i sold a bunch of 620 parts with your help, maybe next time i will rent a cargo van better gas mileage and parking at hotels easier

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Seeker > 620 KC said:

dhp123160:  I'm curious and not familiar with diesels. How does a missing fan belt affect your brakes. As long as you have vacuum and  the engine is running don't you have brakes?

I dont know why but diesel motors dont have or use vacuum

the brake booster is hydraulic it uses the power steering pump which is ran by the fan belt 

I fortunately do not have to rent a truck 

but it takes 3 fill ups at around 125.00 each for me to go to this show 

BUT IT IS ALWAYS WORTH IT 

Edited by Ranman72
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Ranman72 said:

I dont know why but diesel motors dont have or use vacuum

the brake booster is hydraulic it uses the power steering pump which is ran by the fan belt 

I fortunately do not have to rent a truck 

but it takes 3 fill ups at around 125.00 each for me to go to this show 

BUT IT IS ALWAYS WORTH IT 

Absolutely, even when Randy breaks the truck ?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, dhp123166 said:

As Matt stated, diesel engines do not have an AFM, hence no vacuum.

My brake booster is vacuum supplied by a belt driven Ford vacuum pump. Nissan's solution was a hydraulic pump mounted on the rear of the alternator but getting parts for it was near impossible.

Capiche?

I went down the Conejo grade with no brakes.

Comprende`

• Like 1
On 11/4/2018 at 6:45 PM, tdaaj said:

Had a great time, thank you again Jose for putting this together. I always enjoy this event.  Mostly enjoy getting to see and interact with everyone that shows up. Currently on the road back with bananahamuck and odmanjohnson discussing philosophy and the universe in the back ground. Going to be a long nother 13 hours home.....

Actually,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it was a heated discussion about how the inner workings of the human brain,  parallel the vastness of space,  and whether or not the universe as we know it ,, is in fact,  a molecule on the tip of a giant hand,,  flipping someone the bird for cutting them off in traffic..  

• Like 2