Funtana Comes to the NW

Farmer

3 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Farmer what diameter is your brake booster? I have a small one approximately 4".

I already have another booster. Came off my other 74. Got it cleaned up and ready for a fresh coat of paint.

• Like 1
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And so it begins. Little bit at a time

Front disc upgrade. Using the king pin setup off my parts truck. Nice and tight compared to he ones here.

That cotter bolts was a pain in the ass taking out. Got some new ones coming. I'll post more as time goes by

p_044.jpgp_045.jpg

p_046.jpgp_047.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got some that I bought in plans of doing Mikes front disc kit on my 521 but ended going with Beebani’s.  I think they are off a 78 and never taken out of the box. 

Only bad part is I am in DC area and would have to ship them. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, FrankRizzo said:

Ive been talking to Bee lately and also am having difficulties finding D21 hubs....even new.

Do you know if the D21 hubs will widen the stock track? Im thinking about doing his ball joint conversion and dont want to push the wheels out ...

Im not sure if Bee's widens.  This setup makes it stick out half inch each side.  Im looking for 78 to 84 hubs. But thats due to the brake kit

Edited by Farmer
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Farmer said:

SUPER BIG SHOUT OUT TO BEN_UPDE

He provided me with the hubs that I was needing to my brake swap.. For free by the way THANK YOU

Glad they arrived! Sorry for taking so long to get them sent off!!

After I get Datto#1 roadworthy and all the bugs worked out of it I’ll have to try to get over further West with it to meet up with some more PNW Datto guys 🤙🏻

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Ben_upde said:

After I get Datto#1 roadworthy and all the bugs worked out of it I’ll have to try to get over further West with it to meet up with some more PNW Datto guys 🤙🏻

Ive been trying to get the Idaho guys to have a big Datsun meet but they dont.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Farmer said:

Ah nuts. the hubs are from a 86 or newer.  Got to have them milled down

I’m certain they are exactly the same as the stock ones off my ‘79 😕

They fit into my stock 14” steelie wheel exactly the same as they fit on the ‘79 as well. 

A later 4” center would not have remotely fit that wheel 🤔

I even made sure to check it on the oldest dated wheel I had, which I believe was a ‘75 🙁

rcXZcTW.jpg

Sorry they aren’t working out for you 

edit: stole this pic from a 720 thread

PTeoMUj.jpg

based on rotor holes they gotta be the same thing 🤔

Edited by Ben_upde
  • Like 1
On 3/18/2019 at 6:51 PM, Ben_upde said:

The hubs I have came off an early D21. I believe an ‘83,’84. They were the exact same as the ‘79 hubs already on my truck. They are small enough they could go in a flat rate box too

D21 is a hardbody and started in late 86.  720s ran from late 79 to early 86.  The hardbody and the vented rotor 720 hubs centers are to large to fit a stock 620, 521, 520, or320 steel wheels.  What you want are 79/79 620 disc brake hub, or early non vented rotor 79 to 83 720 hubs.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

D21 is a hardbody and started in late 86.  720s ran from late 79 to early 86.  The hardbody and the vented rotor 720 hubs centers are to large to fit a stock 620, 521, 520, or320 steel wheels.  What you want are 79/79 620 disc brake hub, or early non vented rotor 79 to 83 720 hubs.

You are correct, it was a late built ‘85 truck making it an ‘86MY truck. I happened upon the u-pull-it yard vehicle list ticket while cleaning out my car today 😂

My ‘79 KC came with non-vented rotors and I could swear they are the same size centers. I didn’t mic’ them because the relationship to the rotor bolt holes looked way too close to the same for there to be a difference. 

Either way, if they don’t fit they don’t fit and I feel bad for sending him something that will cost him money to make work 😕

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Farmer said:

See, No worries.  Cost 0 Dollars  Friend shop with a brake lathe.  Took 3/16" materials off. Fits rims like a charm

Good deal!

Glad my offer wasn’t a waste nor cost you more than they were worth to make work 😊

• Like 2