Canby 2019 can't wait

Ranman72

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That's where I had to park my Datsun last year. I was told that if I wanted to camp in my wagon on fairground property I would have to park outside and walk in. But if I was driving anything else it would be ok. How misguided and  fucked is that ???? I was more than willing, and tried to pay the $25 a night and $3 a day 'walk in' fee but Steve would have nothing of it. He said he wasn't going to make any exceptions to the rules for me??? What rules? I only wanted him to stick to the pricing list that he had posted. Apparently to be allowed to camp, a Datsun owner is obligated to enter their car in the show but it doesn't say that in the 'rules'. So fuck you Steve, instead of $56 paid into the Canby event you got $6. In the 9 years of coming almost 700 miles to Canby, have I never seen such management bullshit. If the show isn't at Canby this year, or there isn't a show, I can totally understand why now. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If suggestions are being considered and this isn't premature...

I really liked the two day Canby event, and would much rather see it re-locate than fade away into history. 

I did a quick google search, there are two smaller fairgrounds that may be affordable in Oregon (could be others closer to Portland?): 

Benton County Fairgrounds in Corvallis. Not sure if they have on-site camping. 

Douglas Co Fairgrounds in Roseburg. Their website says they have camping spots with hookups. 

I drive from San Diego to attend Canby and don't complain (much.)

But Corvallis would be 65 miles further south from Canby for locals. It would be a good opportunity to drive your Dats down the 101 local towns if you don't want to drive the I-5!  

• Like 2

I used to go to Douglas county fairgrounds, (Roseburg) long ago, when I was showing horses.  There was and maybe still is a dirt track oval that they raced cars on.  There was also camping on the grounds, in an area next to the Umpqua river.

But that was in a previous century.

3 hours ago, Seeker > 620 KC said:

So sad Ted,  No Xmas, birthdays, or holidays for you?

Save em or create em, I say!!!

It is isn't, I haven't been able to celebrate Xmas on Xmas in a few years, always draw that straw to work it, and sometimes forget my own birthday,.

But I'm looking forward to making eagle Rock a tradition.

• Like 2
On 10/12/2018 at 9:59 PM, Rick-rat said:

I wish Steve would jump in and tell us what is going on, is there going to be a Canby show or not. Just want to know where I won't be going anyway

https://ratsun.net/topic/73195-canby-2018-presented-by-dnw/?tab=comments#comment-1539032

UntimelyUnlawfulBasenji-small.gif

He gaaawn....

I would hate to see it move further south, i know many from up north would not like that either.  If steve doesnt want to continue it i hope someone does, steve has done a great job.  But as he and others have seen it is NOT EASY running a show.  We have struggled for years with blue lake because of lack of volunteers.  Every year people say they will help out, and then dont ?   We are getting tired as well,  but we push on and this year will be the 35th year.  

• Like 2