Sign in to follow this  
MrFlippers

Rubber Shift Boot

What’s everyone using to replace the OEM, trucks currently a blast furnace from the wonderful hole around the shifter.

• Like 1

What’s everyone using to replace the OEM, trucks currently a blast furnace from the wonderful hole around the shifter.

A free hat I got at NAPA

• Like 1

Accordion fold rubber or plastic Plumber's helper ?

• Like 1

They sell universal ones at oreilly. Have you checked if they still have them at the dealer?

• Like 2

They sell universal ones at oreilly. Have you checked if they still have them at the dealer?

Occam's Razor.  When multiple choices exist, the simplest one is more likely to be correct.

• Like 2

Got mine from eBay. Perfect fitment. OE-looking in every way.

• Like 1

I run a body lift and I had to invert mine because it couldn't handle the extra throw riding higher on the stick. I also used a universal if you invert it and sandwich it between the trans and tunnel the shape doesn't matter to much.

• Like 1

I used a 280zx boot from a wrecker, got the metal ring with it and zipped it down with self tappers.

Used a universal hurst one before it got parked, it fell apart after a month. The original part isn’t available, even on the Datsun parts site. The 4x4 shift lever boot is available though!!