Instrument cluster

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Search the wrecking yards for an '83 and up and just replace it if you want the original look. The ST would have the tach and clock option. There is nothing that will replace them easily, cheaply or look original. 

Try a want ad in our classifieds... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-body-and-interior/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  ...

• Like 1

How much are you willing to spend?

Classic Instruments will take your gauge cluster and modify it any way you like, but they aren't cheap. Probably $2500 or so to do a complete cluster.

Speedhut will make custom gauges for very little money (example: around $130 for a custom tach), but then you have to figure out how to mount them in your cluster.

If you made a new panel to fill the cluster hole, or an entirely new pod, then the gauges from Speedhut make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

Maybe scratched and or broken/cracked.  Just get another.

How much are you willing to spend?

Classic Instruments will take your gauge cluster and modify it any way you like, but they aren't cheap. Probably $2500 or so to do a complete cluster.

Yeah, that's like 1 1/2 720s. :lol:

• Like 1

Maybe one of these days somebody will take the bait. I'd love to see more Japanese trucks modified with a no-expense-spared attitude and a modern twist.

BTW - (threadjack), I spent an hour or so the other day looking around Japanese auction sites for weird JDM Datsun commercial vehicles. I really want one of those Nissan trucklets that we never got here in the states. A cab over Nissan from the 70's? Yes please. Maybe I'll have one someday.

Maybe one of these days somebody will take the bait. I'd love to see more Japanese trucks modified with a no-expense-spared attitude and a modern twist.

BTW - (threadjack), I spent an hour or so the other day looking around Japanese auction sites for weird JDM Datsun commercial vehicles. I really want one of those Nissan trucklets that we never got here in the states. A cab over Nissan from the 70's? Yes please. Maybe I'll have one someday.

Encourage Mr tanker to get involved with more types of Nissan/Datsun trucks other than the 521.  He has the no-expense spared attitude with his 521!  LOL

• Like 2