The Official SWDP 11th Annual Barbecue August 18th 2018

Charlie69

On 8/7/2018 at 10:49 AM, 125 CSL said:

Sounds like fun, to far for me to drive,...

Hope everyone enjoys it.

Thanks..I'm sure many pics will be taken & posted.

In addition to my earlier post if you have an EZ up feel free to bring it there's plenty of room.

And a huge TY to Carlos for all his help in organizing our event.

We will have at least 2 bbq s & several coolers for drinks.

Come out for a good day of Datsuns & friends.

Edited by Pacific coast Datsun
-
  • Like 1
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/16/2018 at 4:50 PM, F.D.I.1 said:

Hi To All, I am in town, once again, and do plan to attend this years BBQ !

George Koepsell

FDI1 I believe stands for Fontana Datsun Incorporated 1.  George is a lot of fun and information.  He has some great stories and is always ready to talk with people..

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 1

This is not mine and I have no stake in it whatsoever.

But I've found Glas-Tex GT Spoiler camper shells made in Norco CA are extremely rare, even here in So Cal. Thought I should post it here for all the out-of-town/state  Fontana-style and SDWP truckers?

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/d/mitsubishi-truck-camper-shell/6655772402.html

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Seeker > 620 KC said:

This is not mine and I have no stake in it whatsoever.

But I've found Glas-Tex GT Spoiler camper shells made in Norco CA are extremely rare, even here in So Cal. Thought I should post it here for all the out-of-town/state  Fontana-style and SDWP truckers?

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/pts/d/mitsubishi-truck-camper-shell/6655772402.html

TY Seeker. That's a very good deal & in my former hometown. 

• Like 2

Talked with Carlos this evening and it sounds like his family will be bringing his black 312, 2 320s, a NL, a 620 or 2, and 2 720s.  Families are welcome even if you do not have a Datsun or Nissan on the road.  Come and enjoy the day of cars, trucks, people, and food. 

I am getting excited.

• Like 1

Here is the original post announcing the SWDP Barbecue.

Yes SWDP is going to host our 11th annual Barbecue at Martin Tudor Park Fontana CA on August 18th 2018.  This will be another pot luck barbecue.  God willing we will be honored with George's presence the owner of Fontana Datsun back in the day.

Everyone is invited that has a good attitude and would enjoy the day of food and Datsuns, customs and classic cars and trucks.  In the past we have had many different type vehicles show up and no ones is turned away.

No alcohol is permitted in the park and there is a water park and play ground and bath rooms.  We encourage families to come and enjoy the Southern California weather and spend the day meeting new people and eating barbecue.

SWDP_11th_Annual_Barbecue_Flyer_1_with_P

6 hours ago, Edz280zx said:

I'll be there...It'll be nice to finally meet some of you guys that I've talked to over the years here on Ratsun back when I lived in Missouri.

Ed sir are you the person that did these for me?

520-1.jpg

Orange_Peel.jpg

Tropic_Sunset.jpg

Danny sorry to here you are not going to make it to the barbecue.  I promise you will not have to cook.  Tom has volunteered!  LOL  Seriously I will be looking forward to seeing you at future barbecues and shows.  Say hi to Darin please.

Mark you are welcome

• Like 2

On the grills we will have Carne asada..Burgers & Dogs plus

we will also have water to give out.

As In years past I've suggested that people bring the drinks they like as well.

& of course if you guys bring something for the grill we will cook it up.

We're hoping for a good turnout including one of the founding members of So Cal Datsun Pickups who still has his club jacket & plaque & George koepsel the founder of Fontana Datsun.

See you all in a few days ?????

11 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Ed sir are you the person that did these for me?

520-1.jpg

Orange_Peel.jpg

Tropic_Sunset.jpg

Danny sorry to here you are not going to make it to the barbecue.  I promise you will not have to cook.  Tom has volunteered!  LOL  Seriously I will be looking forward to seeing you at future barbecues and shows.  Say hi to Darin please.

Mark you are welcome

Yes, Charlie, that is indeed me. Been waiting along time to meet you...lol

• Like 1