The Official SWDP 11th Annual Barbecue August 18th 2018

Charlie69

3 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

Tom and i hope to be to the park between 10 and 11 am.  It will be great to finally meet you.

Indeed sir, indeed. I'll probably be there pretty early....does it start at 9 or 10?

• Like 2
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still drawing?  You did a bunch of different Datsuns and other vehicles.  I would love to be able to find that thread but with what PhotoBucket did the pictures are most likely long gone.

I am still working on my brother's 66 520.

Edited by Charlie69

Farmer these are from the 2008 1st SWDP Barbecue.

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P8160032.jpg

Farmer if you would like the pictures I can email them to you.  Farmer owns this green 620 now for those that missed that he was able to purchase it.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Charlie69 said:

Are you still drawing?  You did a bunch of different Datsuns and other vehicles.  I would love to be able to find that thread but with what PhotoBucket did the pictures are most likely long gone.

Not lately, I don't even have a computer at the homestead anymore..lol. As soon as I get one I will probably start up again.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Charlie69 said:

You know, I never realized that you were actually lifting the truck when I did those drawings for you..lol. When I get a new computer I'll have to do a new rendering for you.

• Like 1

Ed I have 2" Belltech drop spindles on it and have 4x4 leaves in the rear that actually dropped this one 2" in the rear because the springs are worn out (flat).  When I went to the 1980 720 chassis I was able to lower the body on the frame.  It is about 1/4" higher on the frame than stock but that gives clearance for the 720 brake lines that run on top of the frame under the cab.

On 8/16/2018 at 7:15 AM, Charlie69 said:

Farmer these are from the 2008 1st SWDP Barbecue.

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P8160032.jpg

Farmer if you would like the pictures I can email them to you.  Farmer owns this green 620 now for those that missed that he was able to purchase it.

I think that was  Fontana 620's  Truck. Guy is the name or something like that. Heres his build thread

https://ratsun.net/topic/13502-fontana620s-72-620-build/

Edited by Farmer
  • Like 1

A really Big THANKS to see the SDWP guys Mark, Tony, Charlie, Tom, and Chopper Jim who come a lonnnnng way from other states to put on a great So Cal BBQ event!  I really enjoy these Datsun events highlighting trucks. Extra Kudos to Mark and Tony for cooking in the heat! (And Thanks Tony for bringing the new 620 fiberglass spoiler when I didn’t ask you to;) 

it was good to meet Edz280 and Tom who both came from many hours away. 

Always great to be able to hang with my southland friends Rucky Charms, Russell, Keith, Mr Big Tanker and see their sharp trucks. 

But my all time favorite feature of this event still stands...89 year old Datsun Dealer Owner George Koepsel! He precpviously owned a Chrysler dealership in Fontana until the economy took a dive. Then he bought a Datsun dealership and sold Datsuns in the prime years from 1969 thru 1983. He answered any and all questions, shared his favorite and worst vehicles to sell, and  brought his photo albums with pics with Mr. K, photos of his staff and dealership, pics touring the factory in Japan, and lots of historical photos and Datsun Stories. Thanks again George! I look forward to seeing you with my questions next year. ?

(Documented knowledge is power. The rest is just rumors and good stories ? )

• Like 5

Great day, Thank you all that came out!  We had an excellent group of people, trucks, cars, and families show up. 

I was going to upload some pictures to post here but Gracie my 125 lb Great Dane puppy snagged my memory card out of the computer and chewed it a little before I could get it away from her.  I dried it off the best I could and now will try it tomorrow to see if it is is still readable.

Beautiful day of Datsuns people and food.  Thank you all!!!!!

• Like 4