1981 210/B310/120Y Parts Help!

Veggies

Hey all. I recently purchased a 1981 B310 (Man, figuring out what this thing is actually called by most was a research project on its own...) and I'm trying to find parts for it. The overall condition of the car is actually really excellent, specifically mechanically. The A14 engine in it has been extremely well maintained and starts up every single time on the first try. Anyhow, the only problem I'm having with the restoration of the car is finding parts. I'll put a list below of parts I am trying to find for my car, but what I'm really asking for isn't if any of you guys have the parts, but simply where to look to find them. I've searched eBay, craigslist, partsrequest, even just plain google searches (Which led me here). I'm trying my hardest, and the closest I found was the research website, which makes a few of the parts I need, however they seem to be japanese only. If anyone can help me out, please do. I'm getting rather desperate.

Parts I am looking for:
Tachometer

Dash

Glovebox

MOST IMPORTANTLY: PASSENGER SIDE FRONT FENDER (NEEDS CUT FOR BLINKER)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These parts are no longer made like tires or brakes so you'll have to look in wrecking yards or for sale ads. If there are enough good parts on it but a parts car. Find out what years have the same parts you want. 

Post a want to buy ad here... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/3-datsun-parts/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  ... we don't allow buying and selling one the forums to keep them clear for discussions and information sharing.

These parts are no longer made like tires or brakes so you'll have to look in wrecking yards or for sale ads. If there are enough good parts on it but a parts car. Find out what years have the same parts you want. 

Post a want to buy ad here... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/3-datsun-parts/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  ... we don't allow buying and selling one the forums to keep them clear for discussions and information sharing.

Well that's another thing I am trying to find out, is what parts from other cars will fit into my car. I'm not asking if anyone has the parts, I'm asking for help to find the parts to buy, if anyone has any suggestions on where to find them. This isn't a "parts wanted" post. This is a post asking for help on where to find parts, as I'm sure people have been in the same boat as me before and have solutions that I cannot find or come up with.

i know you dont want to know if we have parts and you want to know where to buy them here is what i can tell you 

most importantly you need a pass front fender 

I have a pass fender 

if you would be interested in buying it let me know in a pm 

dont have many other parts unless your car is a 4 door 

the fender is silver 

• Like 1

Well that's another thing I am trying to find out, is what parts from other cars will fit into my car. I'm not asking if anyone has the parts, I'm asking for help to find the parts to buy, if anyone has any suggestions on where to find them. This isn't a "parts wanted" post. This is a post asking for help on where to find parts, as I'm sure people have been in the same boat as me before and have solutions that I cannot find or come up with.

Post a want to buy ad here... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/3-datsun-parts/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  ...

Wasn't saying it was. The last part is what I say to everyone who posts looking for parts or wanting to sell and intended to be read by all others. Seriously place an ad... you never know  who reads them... maybe even non members. Someon's aunt might have one in their back yard they don't want.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone that has a B310 I can tell you that it's rather specific to itself. And it doesn't help that they changed from round eye to square eye cause that changed the fenders and dash bits as well. The glove box is the same for all 4 years tho. The gauge cluster won't be cause the round eye has a round gauge cluster and the square eye a square one. Fairly certain the gauges themselves are different sizes between the round and square but if you can make em fit good on you. If you go junkyard diving the hatchbacks most always have tachs in them. More so than sedans and wagons. Dash and glovebox in decent condition will probably be harder to find. There's a web site to look for parts car-part.com but I think it's best for body and mechanical parts than any plastic bits. There's also a site for some junkyards that list their inventory up in your neck of the woods I think; row52.com/Search. You can put in a request and see if anyone is floating around the yard that will pull parts for you if it happens to be at a yard not near you. It's been a 210 famine in my area lately but that's how it usually is. They show up in packs or there's nothing at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same year and model and here in Kentucky there is nothing. I've decided to just go with a custom built dash. I will be stripping the interior so if there are any other parts you need I might have them. Interior on my car is in excellent condition except for the damn dash