The Bald headed sailor,, the sad story of a 67 411 SSS fall into darkness

So to shut "someones"  complaining about posting this pile of shit in my other pile of tampax 411 thread,,,, here it is . 

Let's review 

Traded this 1200 

2OSl7wa.jpg

This B210 

YhmmnFn.jpg

And these trannies 

Yno8SlM.jpg

For this blue 67 411 SSS .. R16 stroked to 2000 hanging with Weber 45s and a 720 5speed and G20 front disc upgrade installed

PvOjEGR.jpg

r68JrMU.jpg

bIfMbnM.jpg

4Qvb7DK.jpg

in recent years it was mainly used as a 1/8th mile car,, (AKA wide open all the time)  at the airport by his house  so low speed  drivabilty is going to be a high priority .  After that not much ,, maybe a newer paint job and duel master cylinder out of geo metro down the road a ways 

JaYfcCf.jpg?1

• Like 6
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful with that battery to alternator clearance.  Honda batteries are skinny and have the necessary clearance.  The original battery type is shared with only one car, the 1964 Corvair [really, I'm not kidding] which moved its spare into the engine compartment and had to source a narrower battery.  Datsun seized on this battery to insure clearance to the alternator when they installed the modified R1600 engine into the RL411.  It appears that you still have the original battery plastic tray, good for longevity of sheet metal.  Put a dusting of Baking Soda in the tray to help out in neutralizng any overflow or leakage of battery acid.

• Like 3

Gonna probably get smaller battery but that  beast came with car.  

Bumper was mega rusty so i took one off one of my parts cars . 

Tail light was really naasty on drivers side so replaced it with a TDM one i got off Ebay for super cheap ,, i am polishing a OEM one up to replace the replacement but not right this second

Tah-daaah 

kEG8hK6.jpg

hT0TLDV.jpg

• Like 7

That muffler needs some streamers hanging off it....  :rofl:

Cool car though  :thumbup:

Yeah but when Elon Musk asks you to test and tune his new rocket exhaust nozzle for his new spaceship tentatively named the Space Penetrator 9 1/2 .... What could i do ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What kind of Datto bone yard are you running?

It’s no wonder it took me so long to find a Datsun for sale in WA... you and Hobo have hoarded them all...

Nice 411, we need to do a WA meet sometime so I can see one of these in person.

• Like 4

Funny you should say that,, a relative "says" he spotted a 2door 510 out in a field on a quick trip out to White swan over the weekend.. but he's on drugs most of the time so we will see. 

The more you drive them, the more likely people will walk up and tell you where more of them are. no joke

What kind of Datto bone yard are you running?

It’s no wonder it took me so long to find a Datsun for sale in WA... you and Hobo have hoarded them all...

Nice 411, we need to do a WA meet sometime so I can see one of these in person.

• Like 3

Funny you should say that,, a relative "says" he spotted a 2door 510 out in a field on a quick trip out to White swan over the weekend.. but he's on drugs most of the time so we will see. 

The more you drive them, the more likely people will walk up and tell you where more of them are. no joke

Watch your back in White Swan. There are a couple Datsun’s around there though, so he might be right. I’d suggest you not drive anything to fancy there. I’m in that area pretty frequently, and I’ve seen a couple. I also saw a house where a guy had chainsawed a hole in his bathroom wall so his horse could drink out of his bathtub.

Yes... that’s a serious, and literal story.

I have a picture on my shitbox on my computer desktop at work and I’ve already heard a number of stories and been told about other Datsuns owners on the Site. I think they’re trying to make a showing at Hot August Nights in Richland this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I got this thing stored in garage and don't go in there much lately as a few things other than cars have popped up..  And apparently,,,  the growing wet spot on floor wasn't from, driving home from Canby in the rain..  It is from lower heater core hose or pipe that has sprung a leak....

So that's nice. 

axHavwu.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you still have your 411 wagon Redeye? The crap you were going through with that transmission was crazy

I do, I am in the process of getting the headliner replaced. 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/69708-my-1967-rl411-station-wagon-canby-or-bust/page-19

I had to evict the previous occupant as well. 

IMG_6863.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where would you find parts like that for a 411?

I’m bitching about 620 parts but you probably have to dig the ore and plant some rubber trees...

I know a guy, that's been doing 411s for 35+ years and is changing his herd into B210s and a 1200,, so been stocking up my garage with stuff he no longer wants/needs.  

Plus you put up with less than perfect parts,, like it makes me chuckle when someone asks where to find a nice windshield... Hell none of my "nice" 411s are chip free,  and my parts cars out back are worse,, and they are my good replacements,  if i take a major hit ..   :rofl:

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Not mine but it stopped by today after being off road since the 80s (?)..

@510keeper told me of this thing down in Medford at the Eaglerock swap meet ,, and i told Oneear whos been searching for one in half decent condition for awhile ,,,, and he went down and bought it as it has pretty low amount of rust for one of these ..  

8OMLOy5.jpg

wIyJwZX.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 3