Jump to content
Charlie69

Route 66 JDM Classic (Formerly Multi-State Datsun Classic) In Williams AZ

Recommended Posts

Ok, thanks. You probably remember the Ramseys if you did logging here, how about Homer Zale? Did you know him? What an awesome person! Kelmo seems like a great guy! He has been very helpful and patient with me "the new guy"! LOL I am anxious and excited to meet all of you! Thank you all for the kind complements and friendly acceptance! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

CP,

That truck is awesome! When you are trying to post pics from Imgur; Once you have signed in, go to your images. This will bring up all of your images. Click on the one you want. When that pic is on your screen, to the right you will see some links with a "copy " button on the side. Click on the copy button that says "BBC Code" (for message boards and forums). Then go back to Ratsun and right click in your reply to bring the pic instead of a link.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

looks like a patrol 

must be a patrol 

i would love to see it in person 

i hope you are able to bring it 

but to me looks fine for the show 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think he's gonna bring it. Even if I have to stop in Winslow and drag him along.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

LOL, im planning on it! I just realized today that its only a couple weeks away!!! The trucks not going to be as far along as i want, but i dont want to miss out this year! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yep it is close.

 

Charlie, don't read the rest of this post...….

 

 

 

 

 

It's two weeks from tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Last year the missus and I got to Williams on Thursday as we had planned to go to the BRE open house. So we walked around town and stumbled on this.

P0NtPRc.jpg

There were about 5 or 6 of these, including a wagon or 2. I had never seen them before.

5KOyhtL.jpg

 

And just a friendly reminder, 2 weeks from today is the show.

deZRS5x.jpg

0E7MSTM.jpg

huyfoJz.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

As in the years past, I offer my truck & trailer up for anyone that might need assistance.

Cell phone # 928-263-0166

 

Chopper Jim

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Chopper Jim said:

As in the years past, I offer my truck & trailer up for anyone that might need assistance.

Cell phone # 928-263-0166

 

Chopper Jim

this is awesome again 

and again we pray we dont need it 

THANK YOU 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Trying to do the body work and get this truck back together!!  I hope i can do it!  KELMO said he was going to drag me there no matter what!! The pressure!! LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/20/2018 at 10:11 PM, Coyote Patrol said:

Ok, thanks. You probably remember the Ramseys if you did logging here, how about Homer Zale? Did you know him? What an awesome person! Kelmo seems like a great guy! He has been very helpful and patient with me "the new guy"! LOL I am anxious and excited to meet all of you! Thank you all for the kind complements and friendly acceptance! 

Ramsey's owned Butte trucking as I remember.

Share this post


Link to post

Here is a little route plan for folks coming from east of Williams.

Friday morning: All times listed are local, AZ and NM are an hour different.

There is a Casino (Route 66 Casino) just to the west of Albuquerque. We should be there between 8:00 and 8:30 and depart prior to 9:00.

The first stop will be in Gallup NM between 10:30 and 11:00. Exit #16.

Next up is Holbrook. We stop just east of town at exit #292. and then we will head on to town for lunch. We expect to be there around 11:00 and leave around 1:00

There is a rest stop between Holbrook and Williams. I think it is close to Meteor Crater Rd but I can remember what exit # it is. After that stop we run straight into Williams.

Usually we arrive in Williams around 3:30.

 

We will be trailering at least one car. That car is drivable so if any one should break (not brake, that is what stops your car) down and we are close enough we could probably grab you. As far as I know this trailer will hold a 1200, 510 (sedan or wagon) 520/521 p/u, Roadster, 410/411 (sedan or wagon), and possibly a 620.  I am almost certain that a Z will not fit.

 

505-280-3665 - Kelmo

If I don't answer, leave a message....I will be driving a noisy Datsun.

 

ALSO: In years past we have made a thread about "Parts Train". If there are folks that need to transport parts across the country....chime in, someone may be able to help.

I got a windshield for my 1200 this way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Kelmo, we have Arizona 40 & Route 66 covered.

Very nice offer my friend.

 

Chopper Jim 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

i believe the overall length of a z and a 510 are about 13.5 feet for both 

74 and newer have bigger bumpers so that might not be true for those 

the 240z is 64.1 inches wide and 162.8 inches bumper to bumper with a wheel base of 90.7 inches 

the 510 is 61.41 inches wide and 162.2 inches long with a wheel base of 95.27 inches 

 

yes the 510 wheel base is longer than the 240z believe it or not 

Edited by Ranman72
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/26/2018 at 7:54 AM, KELMO said:

Here is a little route plan for folks coming from east of Williams.

Friday morning: All times listed are local, AZ and NM are an hour different.

There is a Casino (Route 66 Casino) just to the west of Albuquerque. We should be there between 8:00 and 8:30 and depart prior to 9:00.

The first stop will be in Gallup NM between 10:30 and 11:00. Exit #16.

Next up is Holbrook. We stop just east of town at exit #292. and then we will head on to town for lunch. We expect to be there around 11:00 and leave around 1:00

There is a rest stop between Holbrook and Williams. I think it is close to Meteor Crater Rd but I can remember what exit # it is. After that stop we run straight into Williams.

Usually we arrive in Williams around 3:30.

 

We will be trailering at least one car. That car is drivable so if any one should break (not brake, that is what stops your car) down and we are close enough we could probably grab you. As far as I know this trailer will hold a 1200, 510 (sedan or wagon) 520/521 p/u, Roadster, 410/411 (sedan or wagon), and possibly a 620.  I am almost certain that a Z will not fit.

 

505-280-3665 - Kelmo 

If I don't answer, leave a message....I will be driving a noisy Datsun.

 

ALSO: In years past we have made a thread about "Parts Train". If there are folks that need to transport parts across the country....chime in, someone may be able to help.

I got a windshield for my 1200 this way.

Is there a parts train thread this year?  If so please post a link.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, Ranman72 said:

i believe the overall length of a z and a 510 are about 13.5 feet for both 

74 and newer have bigger bumpers so that might not be true for those 

the 240z is 64.1 inches wide and 162.8 inches bumper to bumper with a wheel base of 90.7 inches 

the 510 is 61.41 inches wide and 162.2 inches long with a wheel base of 95.27 inches 

 

yes the 510 wheel base is longer than the 240z believe it or not 

The width of the Z was my concern. I think it is a wee bit too wide for my trailer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Is there a parts train thread this year?  If so please post a link.

No, I am a slacker this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Bumpty bump.

 

 

One week from today sports fans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Planned to come down for this, but will be going to Dave's memorial instead. Hopefully next year

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

cannot wait to see all my friends that I see only once a year  or maybe twice

see you friday  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I am now registered and have an RV spot rented. Still trying to get the truck road worthy and somewhat presentable!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am now registered and have an RV spot rented. Still trying to get the truck road worthy and somewhat presentable!  

Oh ya! I need to figure out how to get off work now! Hmmm, i think i might have the flu next weekend! LOL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have the truck all together. Not as far along as i wanted, but it is together and i feel good about the roadtrip, other than the clutch hydraulic line was too close to the exhaust manifold today. Its plastic, and it burned through! Im going to try to make a temporary repair tomorrow. I hope it works, or i will have to trailer it! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.