Route 66 JDM Classic (Formerly Multi-State Datsun Classic) In Williams AZ

Charlie69

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, 73dat said:

cannot wait to see all my friends that I see only once a year  or maybe twice

see you friday  

Stop by our booth (Hot Wheels & T-shirts) next to the main tent and say hi.  Not sure if we have met before or not.

I promise not to badger you to buy anything...….can't say the same for Missus Kelmo though.

• Like 3
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, 73dat said:

we met before

I am the one with the yellow 620

I will take your word for it, I did so much dain brammage when I was younger I am surprised I can remember my name.

• Like 1

Had a grand ole time again this year. Was way too busy talking Hot Wheels(also general BSing) with people to take pics. Yes, I said it, I took zero show pics. I did, however, get some shots around town.

AZ hitman's wagon.

KRWhgWu.jpg

Karen's Roadster

T01d9ev.jpg

Chuck's Z

G6T0xQA.jpg

Ranman's Dime

4mfLf50.jpg

AZ hitman's Bluebird

rkMZJjr.jpg

So the weather forecast going into this was a bit sketchy and I kept going back and forth on whether I would take the Grey coupe. Friday morning I decided what the hell let's take it. The drive out Friday was awesome. A little wind and a lot of sun. Saturday was cloudy with the promise of rain but that didn't start until the show was almost over when they we doing the awards and raffles. Later in the afternoon and into the evening it dumped a few times and through the night I kept waking up to the sound of thunder.

This is what I found at about 5:30 Sunday morning.

duRgZoX.jpg

It wasn't quite cold enough for the roads to freeze but we still decided to wait until the sun came up. Might as well go to breakfast. Look who else was there.

fa8K5z5.jpg

Got to visit some more with Ranman and Missus Ranman and a gal that has a Roadster whose name is Kelly also (Kelley, Kellie, I'm not sure how to spell that for a girl). Was a great little extra visit that we weren't expecting.

We finally got on the road to head home about 8:45. It was very cloudy and the snow had turned to rain. Outside of Flagstaff it dropped off. At one rest stop a guy rolls up in his car and says "Hey man, we just saw a car just like that (the grey coupe) on a trailer on our way here, but it looked brand new" I said "really, did it look like that one" and pointed to Missus Kelmo's coupe sitting about 40 yards in front of him.

Outside of Holbrook the rain started again. Close to Grants NM it turned into snow...big fat snow flakes. At this point I started to think about where we could leave the grey coupe and come back Monday. Once we were outside Grants the snow and rain eventually stopped. With the four stops we made it took us about 7 1/2 hours to make it home (about 395 miles). It was at that point I decided not to ever drive a 1200 across country again unless it can go 85 MPH and has some decent tunes and decent seats. Missus Kelmo did real good towing her car even when the semi ahead of us decided it would be a good idea to pull off the road at a point where there was a guard rail on his right and she had to squeeze between that semi and one on her left...without a lot of room to do it in.

It was great to see everybody and visit. Greg and Becky did a good job with the show and we are planning already for next year.

Edited by KELMO
  • Like 5

Some goodies forum members hooked me up with.

Buttons from 73dat

rBwdncV.jpg

Some plates from Chopper Jim.

kW7Y3cY.jpg

Also bought an oil cap from Datrod but I haven't unpacked it yet.

This plate was in the goodie bag for the show.

IG3Y369.jpg

• Like 4