Route 66 JDM Classic (Formerly Multi-State Datsun Classic) In Williams AZ

Charlie69

Route 66 JDM Classic (Formerly Multi-State Datsun Classic) In Williams AZ

Welcome to the Route 66 JDM Classic!
After seven awesome years, the Route 66 JDM Classic has been expanded to welcome ALL classic Japanese cars (1987 and older), and this year it’s going to be bigger and better than ever!
Join us in beautiful downtown Williams, AZ on October 5-7, 2018.
Whether you own a Datsun/Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Isuzu – if your Japanese classic is 1987 or older, we’d love to see you there!

For Registration please see the web sight

http://route66jdm.com/

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 2
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Planning to make this for the 8th year in a row. 

Can't remember for sure what year this one is from, but one of my favorite trucks I have seen at the show.

ymLHrhh.jpg

From the first year (2011). You can see my primered 1200 coupe and Duncan's Sunny. Not sure as to who owns the other cars but I did see that black and white 510 at the race track here a couple weeks after this show.

BgVBpcn.jpg

Oh, and damn you Charlie for beating me to this.

• Like 2

Northern AZ I did some growing up in the 70’s-80’s downtown Flag and Winona area. Enjoyed watching a youtube video that tells about factory supported Datsun mechanic training to some members of the Hopi tribe, back in the day. Seams like such an obscure thing to support. I was less than 16 when I lived there but now wondering if there remains an untapped stash of Datsun parts.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Registered the green 1200 & secured a vendor booth spot. Still need to reserve a hotel room.

We are hoping to bring the grey 1200 this year, but I am not sure how that will pan out.

• Like 2

Reserved a room, so we are set.

Since I'm here...….

I think this was 2016.

Loc2ebs.jpg

R6kI7Xx.jpg

Not sure what year......

tVk8A3R.jpg

Bit 'O finger in this one.

8AJSvEm.jpg

BIrUd0b.jpg

• Like 3

Chris Rincon has taken both his 521 and his 620 the last couple years and one year he brought those 2 and his 411 wagon.  He will be at the SWDP barbecue in Fontana in August.  He is a member of the SouthWest Datsun Pickups Club.

This year I hope there is more cars and trucks than last year.  It seems to grow every year.  Good Times.

If you are a tourist You cam take the steam trane from  Williams to the South rim of the Grand Canyon and back.  That is a fun and interesting ride.

So, if you are in the show you can't take the steam train to the Grand Canyon?  That seems a little fucked up.

The show has grown since the first one that was held in the parking lot of the Dairy Queen.  I am not sure if I have ever been told an official number but I think somewhere between 60 and 80 cars/trucks seems to be the norm.  It is pretty cool to see a boatload of Datsuns lined up on Route 66.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here are a couple more from the first year.

z4yG9sV.jpg

At the end of the show we drove down Rte 66 for the awards. Now it is done in front of the DQ.

qIk4Luv.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KELMO said:

So, if you are in the show you can't take the steam train to the Grand Canyon?  That seems a little fucked up.

No that is not what I meant any one can take the steam train, I was just metioning a tourist type of attraction.

• Like 1

If I still had a real job (along with a real income), I would be there. However, I decided to semi retire and then ended up buying an airport. The idea was do some stuff that I may not be able to do once I hit REAL retirement age and once I get closer to 60, find me another desk job at a local dealership (which could still be a possibility). And, besides all that trivial BS, I am trying to bring 2 cars to this show.  If I am lucky, today will be the first test drive of the grey coupe since 2 years ago when it selflessly started donating parts for the green coupe and ultimately ended up being raped almost to the point of being a shell.

• Like 1

Show is 9 weeks from today, pre-registration ends on the 31st of this month (I'm mostly sure about that).

Some pics from the BRE open house last year.....because I didn't take a single pic at the actual show.

EyJaqz3.jpg

77qTfCl.jpg

h25N3FM.jpg

• Like 1

I wil hopefully get to visit with Greg, (AZhitman) this next week.  I might take my brother's 520 up there for the under construction classification if they have one.

This was 2015 getting ready to leave my house to go to the 8th Annual SWDP Barbecue in Fontana California.

DSC02029.jpg

Here is the NOS OEM speedometer installed in my customized instrument cluster.  Cluster has a 411 black plastic bezel that has the chrome ring around the gauges.  The stock one is gray plastic bezel.

DSC02028.jpg

Edited by Charlie69

That thing is sofaking cool. There should be a "Diamond in the Rough" category.....the roughest Datsun with the most potential.

The grey coupe has 2 awards from that category, but it really has no potential.

• Like 1

Um, dude, this is your thread.

And yes, I had to go to the first post to make sure.  Of all of the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

• Like 1