Yojimbo's '86 build

YoJimbo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to add it could be an 1/8 npt, and the same trick will work as I mentioned with the 1/4 npt.. I don't know if you got past that or not but i was messing with my oil preassure sending unit and realized that one was an 1/8... so just make sure you check the size or match it to the tap diameter...

• Like 1

Last saturday it only took a little more mezcal to get the weber linked up, wired up and running.

Started up first try and went straight into a decent idle :thumbup:

Thanks for all the help.

Ended up using the barb fitting from the redline kit with some plumber's putty and thread tape, plugged the canister purge hose to the barb, no vacuum leak there so far!

Cousin and friends showed up just in time for the first test drive. Gnats swarming this time of the summer so the crew cruising in the bed got a little extra insect protein in their teeth (maybe some will brush them now :rofl: ).  The short trip down to the end of the road and back went smoothly. Started idling rough when we got back home. Turned in the idle speed screw a bit and it was back to running well.

Right back to daily driving the truck the day after the swap and it has been running well every day.

Can't seem to get the idle to stay put. I've been warming the engine up, then setting idle speed and mixture screws (according to redline kit and hayne's weber manual instructions). It idles well right after tuning. Then I'll drive it for a short distance (~5 miles) and the idle will drop down to around 500-600 rpms. Haven't had a chance to investigate it much yet...

Digging into this little by little when I have free time... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/6117-weber-tuning-guide/

Here's a look at the temporary wiring action we had going last saturday...

20180623_170018_7649.jpg

And here's what we ended up with at the end of the day on saturday (and how it's looking today hehehehe)

20180623_191209_7651.jpg

• Like 2

So let me understand this.  It takes 3 people, adults I think, ad 1 bottle mezcal autentico and an hour Weber install takes 3 days and a 24 pack of beer!!!  LOL

Looking good.

Well said Charlie, that's how we roll, island time in full effect  B)

Plus, if we add up the time the weber chilled on the shelf since I bought it, we're probably breaking some kind of record :thumbup:

We've only got four more bottles of the authentic cactus juice... one per project and we should be successful in our work for a few months or a year!

• Like 1

I just wanted to add it could be an 1/8 npt, and the same trick will work as I mentioned with the 1/4 npt.. I don't know if you got past that or not but i was messing with my oil preassure sending unit and realized that one was an 1/8... so just make sure you check the size or match it to the tap diameter...

Thanks Crash, we ended up gently wrenching the barb fitting to make it snug. Haven't had any vacuum leak there yet.

We sealed it up with some old school stuff that's been living in the garage for years, hehehehe, so far so good :thumbup:

20180629_094249_7665.jpg

• Like 1