2nd annual mini truck bbq

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gene, , I barely know you from the ER swap meet and the SWDP BBQ's,  and I've heard you use this guilt-trip phrase a good number of times now...  "as a veteran who have put his life on the line for your freedom."

It's disgusts me how loosely you use it,  for just any little thing, and especially now to justify having your own way, even if you were somehow wronged.

I know vets from Vietnam to current day, and I don't know another vet who would make such shameful statements.  I would truly like to believe it is due to your PTSD...

As I suggested when you called me trying to enroll me in this idea of an alternate BBQ because SWDP didn't post their yearly event info on Ratsun early enough for you...There's still time to apologize to SWDP for having your own, and cancel this one. Who knows, they might forgive you and still welcome you.

As I told you before, I won't be at this event and can't support it.

Meanwhile it appears cricket are chirping here. 

Edited by Seeker > 620 KC
Corrected who this post is addressed to.
  • Like 1

I am so sorry Charlie. I was at work and quickly posted between a lot of interruptions .

I was so used to seeing the two of you together at the events for many years, In my haste I simply mixed up your names Getting old sucks. My bad. 

My post was meant for Gene. I corrected it. 

• Like 2

seeker>620 kc:  thats fine if you dont want to go to my bbq,  you have no idea what i went thru while i was in the military  with my 3 tours to iraq and the conditions i was in at the time or what i am going thru right now.  i am sorry you feel that my statement about me as a veteran disgust you.

charlie69: quit posting on my thread

Gene,

You've manipulated my words around pretty severely...

"you have no idea what i went thru while i was in the military  with my 3 tours to Iraq "

I didn't comment about what you went thru in the service. I am sorry if you're having adverse affects from it.

"and the conditions i was in at the time."

I respect you highly for serving, and by what you imply sounds like severe conditions. Thank you very much for your service.

"i am sorry you feel that my statement about me as a veteran disgust you."

I didn't say anything positive or negative about you being a veteran. You're an interesting Datsun truck guy with a mountain of parts and history. At ER you told me you were done with Datsuns and were selling every part and vehicle. I bought a bunch of stuff form you and referred a bunch of buyers to you that day.  Thanks.  

I only know what you recently put me thru, and possibly others about this new event of yours. You called me complaining nobody at SWDP was posting details on Ratsun about the yearly SWDP BBQ. You  even implied their group may no longer exist, which I dismissed.  You tried to enroll me in your BBQ in the same location a week before theirs. I explained SWDP are probably just lagging in scheduling, and that your event would dilute their event's attendance, and that it would be pretty insulting to their group.

At that time I further recommended you create another type of Datsun event at different location and in a different month.  You tried to strengthen  your position by telling me another Dat friend of mine was already onboard with this BBQ.  But after calling my friend I learned you gave him the same impression.. that the SWDP no longer exists?  Unsure of your motivations I wanted no part of it, and suggested you then cancel your BBQ and apologize to SWDP. After this I told you to I didn't want to discuss if further and said not to call or text me further about it.

You have an off-putting manner of twisting the truth or a person's statements around to make them feel guilty or bad,  in order for you to "be right."  I don't trust that.  And the behavior of repeatedly throwing your military service history in people's faces is what I find disgusting. Not you. Not your military history. There's a big difference.

• Like 1

If anyone needs 620 parts please let me know so I can bring to the event since I didn't go the the last eagle rock event and I heard that people were looking for parts. When I went to the March event I had everything labeled and boxed up and I had made space to walk thru my swap area so people could look at my parts

just a few more days towards mini truck potluck and i will be bringing some 620 parts.  for those needing any 620 stuff let me know so i can make list and go thru parts and box them up