Lil red/lil b**ch

tgaydos

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Degaux or distributor guy or Hose stup will chime in.  At this time iam only running low pressure carbed.

I was not sure if you were going to carb your KA.  Farmer Carbbed his KA.

that would be interesting, but my reasons for ka is one the truck didn't have a motor to begin with and two to get away from carb. :) 

• Like 1

Can you run the stock KA24DE pump? Do you have the DE fuel tank? If so, cut out the pump module and mounting flange, weld it into the tank you're going to use, and have the pump, sender, EVAP, etc that was intended for the motor.

If not, then use a Tanks INC PA series module. In tank pumps are always best. They run quieter, cooler and last longer.

• Like 1

There is or should be a regulater on the return line. I am running the walboro 255 works fine, need the check the authenticity of the pump. Apperrently there are a lot of Chinese knock offs put there. I purchased mine from a seller that advertised his were not chinese, seems. Ok.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

quick update thus far, not much has been done since the grill at canby but i did get a fuel rail for my single cam ka waiting on the mail to get here with it. also got a driveline going to pick up today (7/25/2018) in oregon city. super stoked to keep this project moving forward. next up will be the can am wiring box, radiator, fuel system, clutch/flywheel kit, i'm sure there's more that i'm missing but we'll cross that bridge when i get there. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

got the mounts and the motor is in, mostly wired up on the engine side now to figure out the interior wiring, and plumbing for fuel and cooling, transmission and a few other odds and ends hopefully it'll be driving in a couple months. 

20181003_132754_zpszmswzhtg.jpg

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...

got the transmission mostly in today, I don't think it's lined up properly however as there's still about a half inch gap all the way around. I figured I'd give it a break for awhile as I was getting tired and frustrated and didn't want to drop the trans on myself. 

some folks put the motor and trans in as a unit, makes bolting the trans in easier. Although I have never done this myself. What I did do that I think made my ka swap a little easier was cut the flange off a trans to mount a starter and a quick wood cradle so I could start the engine out of the truck. This allowed me to kind of sprawl the engine harness and allowed full access around the engine. Handy when I realized when installing the oil pump I was 180 out. I took my time working out the bugs and I knew I had a running engine before install. Just an idea and good luck.