I have Datsuns and I'm stuck

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the wilwood master set up as a disc/disc MC or disc/drum.

Not shops fault, not their concern. Especially since the truck has sat how long now?

Also, shop did not supply parts. They'll tell you to pound sand if you expect to get anything for free.

So many variables. Unfortunately, OP can't answer any of the needed questions.

GL; moving on.

Not sure if the Wilwood Master setup is disc disc or disc drum

I took the car to a recommended person on ratsun

I'm okay with the brakes of course I would like them to work better

I want to move on and start repairing the other parts of the truck

A few years ago the shop fixed my brakes and everything's okay no problem with the shop or the breaks I will address that problem later the brakes work but just not like my new car

I'm not expecting anything for free

in the video the first thing i noticed was a kinked upper radiator hose

get this fixed before you drive it to far

truck looks good as is

drive it and enjoy it

if you would have opened a new account and changed your name eventually we would figure out it was you anyway

dont try to be someone else just be you

if its not safe to drive to datsloco drive a reliable car and come talk about yours with pics videos etc

or trailer it and park the trailer around the corner :poke:

your 521 camper you used to have

did you ever bring it do a dave pare swap meet ? it looks very familiar to me

I have the tools I can fix that hose

I sold the camper a few years ago and then I saw it recently again on Craigslist but I never took it to a show

The brakes on the 521 camper works great with the drums

Be honest I dont know why you cant start it up in a resonable timeframe just to keep it soemwhat maintained.

Its a simle truck

brake and hydralics mayb get flat if you dont drive them. So start driving it 1 every 2 months will be ok if you get to let it sit

Be honest you mentioned 53 yrs old a couple times. If you had these vehicles for while you should know how to maintain them somewhat by now.

Bushmen in Africa can keep these going seeing old Datsns and Landcruisers there and Im sure you can read and watch YOu tube vids. this should be EZ.

You have a basic L motor and they are very simple.

As for WILWOOD BRAKES i HAVE A FEELING THEY JUST REBADGED TOKICOS MASTER CYLINDERS. Like Tilton gear Reduction statrters. Just 280zx Hitachis.

as for the 1200 you took it apart you should be able to put it back together. I got a couple of people here with Mustangs they took apart 20years ago. They not together yet and it isnt going to happen . Why? cause it would have happen already! I alwasy ask why they take them apart. To restore. Its better to run them till they just rust out by then you wont be into cars that much anyways. I dont even go to Datsun meets anymore. Love the cars but dislike ALOT of the owners.. But then theyre are the ones that overly do it and do it good.

If your willing to learn we can guide you thru some of these things but you have to read up also on the subject.

Also have the tools ready also. otherwise its a NO-GO

timming light

metric tools .Jack Jackstands for safety

test light and or mutimeter

I know a little bit I can change the starter solenoid change the master slave cylinder

If I would start messing around with the distributor or the carburetor I would be f***** the truck will not start and I would not know what to do how to make it worse

I do have tools I probably have Overkill and tools probably enough to rebuild whole motor I have Jacks and jack stands I have wheel dollies on the way

I just tried to describe myself a little bit someone can explain something so simple to me and I will sit there and act like I understand and three minutes later I don't know what the person said

I know this is an important job and it's hard to find someone that can do it good but I'm the guy that holds the flashlight at the part or pumps the brakes while someone beeds them or gets the tool that someone needs while they are underneath the car I know it's hard to find someone that can do that job good that's me

I have only three friends I haven't seen them in years

I'm not interested in hanging out with anyone at work and they're not interested in me either

I want to take a video of my Datsun 1200 it's in the garage and it has suitcases on the trunk and mattress on the roof along with some rolled up linoleum vinyl flooring

My problem is when I push it outside the garage I'm not able to push it back into the garage

The twelve hundred rolls frontwards very easily I could push it probably to Mi but I cannot push it 15 feet backwards

It's like the brakes are on even when it's in neutral going backwards when I push it

• 2 weeks later...

I did go to the show I did bring my Datsun truck I got there around 10:30 and I did not want to park inside so I parked outside

I have a picture of my truck there

I knew I was going to be stressed out driving home so I did not stay long