I have Datsuns and I'm stuck

Take a walk around video and pics. Bring them to datslocos and ask some people what they think. Datslocos is a friendly bunch, as are most people that are into Datsuns. You can get ideas by looking at all the vehicles there and interact with chill people.

You take that back. We're pricks.

• Like 2
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I think it looks better in the video than it does in person maybe the brakes are not that bad that's kind of why I want to bring it to the car show maybe even have someone drive it

How to spend a lot of money on those breaks I even had a super professional fix them after someone installed them

Maybe I'm just so used to these new braking system or this truck is a lemon when it comes to brakes

I'm going with improper brake bleeding, bench bleed the MC, then go to the furthest brake, RR, RL, FR, FL, then do it again, again and again until the brakes feel strong and there are no more air bubbles coming out with the fluid nor coming up the MC reservoir, some times you'll get very lucky and brakes will be solid after two rounds, other times takes several more, that really depends, I've been involved in both cases.

I understand your MC is already installed and you won't want to take it back off, so undo the lines and bleed them there, then when no more air bubbles show up in the reservoir, connect lines and proceed with RR, etc, etc....get someone to help you, it is a two person job.

Oh, and most importantly, make sure all brake lines are tight and no leaks anywhere, else you're just wasting time.

Is the wilwood master set up as a disc/disc MC or disc/drum.

Not shops fault, not their concern. Especially since the truck has sat how long now?

Also, shop did not supply parts. They'll tell you to pound sand if you expect to get anything for free.

So many variables. Unfortunately, OP can't answer any of the needed questions.

GL; moving on.

in the video the first thing i noticed was a kinked upper radiator hose 

get this fixed before you drive it to far 

truck looks good as is 

drive it and enjoy it 

if you would have opened a new account and changed your name eventually we would figure out it was you anyway 

dont try to be someone else just be you 

if its not safe to drive to datsloco drive a reliable car and come talk about yours with pics videos etc 

or trailer it and park the trailer around the corner  :poke:

your 521 camper you used to have 

did you ever bring it do a dave pare swap meet ? it looks very familiar to me 

Be honest I dont know why you cant start it up in a resonable timeframe just to keep it soemwhat maintained.

Its a simle truck

brake and hydralics mayb get flat if you dont drive them. So start driving it 1 every 2 months will be ok if you get to let it sit

Be honest you mentioned 53 yrs old a couple times. If you had these vehicles for while you should know how to maintain them somewhat by now.

Bushmen in Africa can keep these going seeing old Datsns and Landcruisers there and Im sure you can read and watch YOu tube vids. this should be EZ.

You have a basic L motor and they are very simple.

As for WILWOOD BRAKES i HAVE A FEELING THEY JUST REBADGED TOKICOS MASTER CYLINDERS.   Like Tilton gear Reduction statrters. Just 280zx Hitachis.

as for the 1200 you took it apart you should be able to put it back together. I got a couple of people here with Mustangs they took apart 20years ago. They not together yet and it isnt going to happen . Why? cause it would have happen already!  I alwasy ask why they take them apart. To restore. Its better to run them till they just rust out by then you wont be into cars that much anyways. I dont even go to Datsun meets anymore. Love the cars but dislike ALOT of the owners.. But then theyre are the ones that overly do it and do it good.

If your willing to learn we can guide you thru some of these things but you have to read up also on the subject.

Also have the tools ready also. otherwise its a NO-GO

timming light

metric tools .Jack Jackstands for safety

test light and or mutimeter

• Like 1