Non Roller to Daily Racer - Datsun 510 Wagon build

So as the story goes, everyone has dreams about building cars they can’t afford. The problem with this is that cheap turds are bought instead of gleaming weapons, and if the motivation falters, they remain pieces of turd. Also, I just like the turd modelling process.

After somehow fixating on Datsun’s growing up, this will be my third. The second 1600 wagon I’ve owned, and hopefully the best (last). My other Datsun experiences have not been profitable to say the least, but they taught me how old seized carburetters suck, how much of a pain in the arse rust and bodywork is, and why welding with flux core is never seen in any professional bodywork shops or on the car shows around today. Its highlighted why modernisation of cars is mostly a good thing.

Aswell as this, it gave me excitement to be able to put modern design and refinement into an old car, and experience the benefits of research and development.

This car will be the pinnacle of my knowledge, but hopefully that increases as the build does.

So this was bought on the first of the year, 2018.

http://IMG_2337_zps0d8emdgx.jpg

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/JakusonEngineering/media/IMG_2338_zpsjcnkkyj2.jpg.html]IMG_2338_zpsjcnkkyj2.jpg[/url]

• Like 3
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, jakuson.engineering, welcome to Ratsun. Datsuns and entropy from order, to disorder state.  First thing is to get rid of the Photobucket account and start one that actually shows your pictures.