DarrenDriven

Accurate US-Market Datsun 510 Paint Codes?

918 Mexican Orange is a very common 510 & Z car color, i think 1971-1973.  We have two 510's & two 240Z's in that color!!

I also do not see the Cactus Green PAINT CODE in your chart for the 510........another common color!  I wonder if Cactus Green is a nickname for either the #546 Gray Green or the #554 Kasumi Green.....??  Unfortunately our Cactus Green 510 is missing the paint code sticker!

Hope that helps a little!

TJ

Denver CO

I think I got my information from a Datsun enthusiast who had found an old book showing only 1968 information.

I want to add colors... but only if you're fairly certain that the information is accurate. I think as other 510 owners chime in I can get this filled out!

If you have a US-market 510, can you shout out your year and paint code?

The HUGE problem with the paint code stickers of the 70's Datsun's, is that the actual # printed on the stickers typically fades and cant be read.  I bet 75% of the 25++ 510's that I have had, the # is faded & gone!  I believe that the new car brochures of the 70's had a paint color chart in them, maybe with the code..........??

'69 818 forest? green

Thanks! Updated the site and the chart above.

The HUGE problem with the paint code stickers of the 70's Datsun's, is that the actual # printed on the stickers typically fades and cant be read.  I bet 75% of the 25++ 510's that I have had, the # is faded & gone!  I believe that the new car brochures of the 70's had a paint color chart in them, maybe with the code..........??

I have all the US-spec brochures posted here:

http://importarchive.com/datsun/510/1968-1973

Check this site for other colors and possible naming as well...

Yeah, I am aware of that site and couple of others, but their historical accuracy is pretty dismal... they pretty much list anything that MIGHT be possible -- whereas I want to try to have accurate year-by-year data for each model.

• Like 1

Datsun paint codes with color samples, lifted from old DQ website. Original scan from Lee Ehinger.

YCsLphQ.jpg

Datsun paint codes with color samples...

Whew, hard to read those codes, but I was able to add a bunch of unknowns to my database for future use.

I updated my chart... but not really happy with not actually knowing which colors apply to which years. I hate to add information that isn't verifiable, but in this case I guess any information is better than no information. Hopefully over time we can refine this.

Thanks for your help!