Coil died thoughts on replacement

G8KeaPoR

Never seen a bad Nissan coil either but my 710 coil developed a crack in the tower. Kids always throw away the stock ones because the after market ones are so shiny and usually red or bright yellow. After market also make big claims about their performance but tell the truth I bet they can't tell the difference. Most who buy new coils are hoping to win the lottery and guess correctly that it's the coil that is the cause of their ignition problems. Then they end up with an inferior piece  of Chinese..... Image result for chinese junk images

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is kind of an old topic but I will rock the boat. I loved my Jacob's unit I ran for 20 plus years. Still going strong when I went from naps to ka. Not much room for it under the hood after the ka swap and the system is bulky. Switching from stock to Jacobs there was a noticeable difference in smoothness. Now that being said to take advantage of the Jacob's you had to open the gap in the plugs, switching back to stock would require reggapping the plugs so it wasn't quite as quick as advertised to go back to stock. Anyways I never had an issue with the old Jacob's and might try to install the unit on my 68 beetle but it is bulky.

• 5 months later...